DOTW 8/21

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

DOTW 8/21

Post by Oggar »

Summer. Depending on your take on things the word makes you cringe or fills you with a giddy sensation that traces straight back to kindergarten. Either way you know summer means one thing- heat. It's deep into August now and the heat is starting to wear on people- murder rates and temperatures both soar in the summer. August heat is the worst it's muggy and opressive. People used to believe this hot muggy bad air caused disease malaria specifically it actually means 'bad air." So in 1842 when a doctor in Apalachicola, Florida invented an ice making machine to keep patients in his hospital cool. Of course this also helped along the related field of refidgeration. Refridgeration which would heavily influence the American Brewing industry. Giving rise to the American Lager the first beer truly meant to be consumed ice cold. So go to the liquor store walk over to that wall lined with those marvellous glass doored miracles and find yourself a case of cold ones.

This weeks drink- American Lager

Mine's Natty Ice.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I'll see your Natty Ice and raise you a six pack of Milwaukee's Best and a case of High Life. On an oppressively hot day, a cheap American Lager really does hit the spot.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

bless you Brian.

I shall now abandon the endlessly ongoing attempt to concoct DDB's multi-ingrediant abomination, and pop the top on a[nother] rolling rock (and pour more straight Patron, see DOTW 9-16-04)

And summer's the best--what's a mere spike in the murder rate compared to the ability to lounge around in trunks and mandals and plunge your arm into an ice chest to bottle fish, and, should you pass out, no chance of frostbite? And awesomely sweaty sex under the stars, for slippin and slidin and salt fer the tequila. Viva la summer!
AHLL BE BOCK

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I'll be either having Natty or PBR. Depends on where I end up drinking.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

I've got a handfull of PBRs left at the moment.

*clink*

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Raising a PBR to you right now. How can you go wrong with a beer that's STILL bragging about an award they won in 1893?
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

PBR in da hizzy
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Martini Time »

Miller High Life™!! After I've mowed the lawn, of course.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"