"It's all in the Mix" Marguerita!

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

300 Proof
Souse
Souse

"It's all in the Mix" Marguerita!

Post by 300 Proof »

Yeah I'm obsessive about it!

I'm gonna post two marguerita recipes today, because I love them both. Why now ? Because it's almost May 5.

1. "It's all in the MIX Marguerita".

It's all in the mix. You have to make your own mix. Ya canny fake it.

MIX Heat 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar. When the sugar is dissolved, stick the pan in the fridge until cool. Then add 2 cups of fresh squozen lemon juice, and about a haffa cup of fresh squozen lime juice. You are now G2G. You can toy with the proportions to your hearts content, but this works for me. Yes, I really prefer mostly lemon juice. 100% lemon is just fine.

MIX THE MARGUERITA

Salt or no salt
Fill Glass with Ice
1 part tequila
1/2 part "orangy" liquer
2 parts mix
Stir

For me, a "part" is a shot blass filled up to the top, way higher than that little white line.

The KEY is to have enough tequila in here so you can taste... TEQUILA! The "orange" adds a bit of sweet, and you can adjust this cocktails sweetness using more or less orange (and yeah, you can adjust the sweet level in the mix too.) TEQUILA IS KING!

RIM SALTING- whoa! I like salt, so I salt about 3/4 of the rim. On the outside only, of course. salt on the inside of the rim just makes for a salty marg. With a line of salt around the outside, you have total control over your salt to booze ratio. I know I'll probably get trashed for putting something so obvious in here....

So lets chat booze... Tequila, I overdo it, I was using Cazadores, then Herradura Repo Mexican Bottling, Then Herradura Silver Mexican Bottling, and now my pal is Cabo Wabo Silver dumb name good booze. I was a total idiot using Repo's in my margs, the silver flavor expresses itself much more expressively. For "The Orangy Booze" I use Monarch Orange Brandy. I think it's a fake Grand Marnier. It's my preferred orange. I've used Cointreau, Bols, GM etc but if you were offering me my last drink for free, I'd take the MOB. What's your fave?

Let's see... a few weeks back, I gave one to a pal, her eye's opened WIDE at the first sip, and she said "Wow, that's strong!.... that
s the best marguerita Ive ever had!" But she's a non-professional, and after 3 she fell off my couch.

I'm making a batch of mix this week, to take to my favorite bar here in Seattle, so I can get a halfway good marguerita on Friday.

enjoy, Mike

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

This is truly a wonderful post, thanks.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Paralepsis
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Paralepsis »

Hey - welcome to another tequila drinker!
...maybe it's a Seattle thing?

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

This is both art & science. I approve 300%.

I have printed out the text from this post to your credit and am adding it to my permanent notes.

Nice work 300 Proof. And welcome to the Drunkards' one and only forums. As dictated by tradition, the new guy buys, and a pitcher of your famous Margies sounds damn good this morning with some huevos rancheros.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ