homemade chilli-infused vodka

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

homemade chilli-infused vodka

Post by thirsty4beer »

my first attempt at any kind of booze infusion seems to have come out quite nicely.

i had some bird eye chillies in the fridge which were kind of dried up and i thought i could use these to make a spicy hot vodka.

i got a half bottle of smirnoff(350 ml, i didnt want to ruin a large quantity if it went wrong) and poured a shot(and drank it). i then stabbed the chillies a couple of times each and put 8 into the bottle with the vodka. i then just put the lid back on as tight as it would go and kept it for a month in a cool cupboard, shaking it well every couple of days.

i opened it the other day and had a shot and it was good. the colour of the vodka had changed to a very pale greenish but the taste was good and it was nice and hot and firey, leaving a decent burn in the mouth for a good 5 minutes.

i have yet to get a decent tomato juice with which to make a Bloody Mary, but the shots are good chased with a good cold beer.

maybe tonight i'll try a spicy Brutal Hammer. has anyone else tried this already?

anyone else out there infusing?

anyone got any other ideas for mixed-drinks using chilli vodka out there?
mine's a pint

rune
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by rune »

Tried infusing your tomato juice with chilis?
Dr. Badfellow had a thread on infusion a while back.
http://www.infused-vodka.com/index.asp? ... ategory=17

LordNeuf
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LordNeuf »

3 words

Prickly Pear Tequila
Image Image
"If She Don't Kill Me, The Whiskey Will"

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

am drinkin brutal hammers made with said chilli-vodka. it's kicking my arse. better be careful as i have to work tomorrow...

i can recommend this drink highly. what should it be called? any ideas?
mine's a pint

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by grippingthewheel »

thirsty4beer wrote:am drinkin brutal hammers made with said chilli-vodka. it's kicking my arse. better be careful as i have to work tomorrow...

i can recommend this drink highly. what should it be called? any ideas?
Mexican Hammer.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick