Lava Lamp cocktail

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Lava Lamp cocktail

Post by NYDingbat »

A friend recently sent me a recipe for a Lava Lamp cocktail - looks deeeeelish! It's simple and I'm sure gets the damned job done if you're lookin' for a lovely buzz! It's just champers and Jell-O - the kind ya make with voddie for Jell-O shots. So ya make the voddie laced Jell-O and then ya mash it up and dump into a glass of champers and it looks like a lava lamp.

I have GOT to try this!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Irissa
Souse
Souse

Re: Lava Lamp cocktail

Post by Irissa »

NYDingbat wrote:A friend recently sent me a recipe for a Lava Lamp cocktail - looks deeeeelish! It's simple and I'm sure gets the damned job done if you're lookin' for a lovely buzz! It's just champers and Jell-O - the kind ya make with voddie for Jell-O shots. So ya make the voddie laced Jell-O and then ya mash it up and dump into a glass of champers and it looks like a lava lamp.

I have GOT to try this!

I'm really intrigued by this, but a couple of your terms mystify me..can someone explain what "champers" is, and are we talking the powdered jello mix from the grocery store, or just what exactly? And what is this "mash-up" thing. Sorry for all the questions!
I'm not, as my avatar might suggest, pretentious. I'll try any booze once.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Irissa wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:A friend recently sent me a recipe for a Lava Lamp cocktail - looks deeeeelish! It's simple and I'm sure gets the damned job done if you're lookin' for a lovely buzz! It's just champers and Jell-O - the kind ya make with voddie for Jell-O shots. So ya make the voddie laced Jell-O and then ya mash it up and dump into a glass of champers and it looks like a lava lamp.

I have GOT to try this!

I'm really intrigued by this, but a couple of your terms mystify me..can someone explain what "champers" is, and are we talking the powdered jello mix from the grocery store, or just what exactly? And what is this "mash-up" thing. Sorry for all the questions!
Champers = champagne. And yup - the powered stuff - cuz ya have to mix in the vodka. I guess ya could just use the already made stuff - but then ya lose the kick in the chiclets the voddie provides and well, seriously, what are we hoochin' for?
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Irissa
Souse
Souse

Post by Irissa »

Alright, I'll bite. Can you post the recipe? If I am really lucky, I'll even take pics and post em, when I get around to doing this.
I'm not, as my avatar might suggest, pretentious. I'll try any booze once.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Irissa wrote:Alright, I'll bite. Can you post the recipe? If I am really lucky, I'll even take pics and post em, when I get around to doing this.
Recipe in the first post - simple - voddie laced Jell-O mashed up and dumped into champers. YUM!
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Could well be trying this as I've had a bottle of champers lying around for ever. Was thinking of maybe modifying and using Bucks Fizz with an Orange or Peach Jelly but not sure if this will spoil the visual.

Also any recommendation on how much to mash it up? Is it a cash of leaving large pieces or completely smashing it to small bits?
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

ruthcrowder
Tippler
Tippler

Post by ruthcrowder »

I didn't understand anything of the recipe to be frank. Champers??? What's that?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ruthcrowder wrote:I didn't understand anything of the recipe to be frank. Champers??? What's that?
She answered all your questions and more in the third post.
NYDingbat » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:05 pm
Champers = champagne. And yup - the powered stuff - cuz ya have to mix in the vodka. I guess ya could just use the already made stuff - but then ya lose the kick in the chiclets the voddie provides and well, seriously, what are we hoochin' for?
Basically you make a normal Jell-0 Shooter, once it's solid, give it a good smashing up into smaller bits, say with a fork or spoon.

Avoid going all Gallagher on it as it will be a mess to clean up.

Take the Jell-O Shooter bits and add them to a glass of Champange. The visual affect is like an old lava lamp.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

ruthcrowder
Tippler
Tippler

Post by ruthcrowder »

Sorry for having overlooked the information! Thanks for the details, mate!
Patchez wrote:
ruthcrowder wrote:I didn't understand anything of the recipe to be frank. Champers??? What's that?
She answered all your questions and more in the third post.
NYDingbat » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:05 pm
Basically you make a normal Jell-0 Shooter, once it's solid, give it a good smashing up into smaller bits, say with a fork or spoon.

Avoid going all Gallagher on it as it will be a mess to clean up.

Take the Jell-O Shooter bits and add them to a glass of Champange. The visual affect is like an old lava lamp.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Cheers!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice