Alien brain hemorrhage

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Alien brain hemorrhage

Post by Swede »

Kind of a nice shot but more interesting looking than good. I like the idea of something like this but it's a bit too sweet for me. Although, truth is that I didn't pay attention when I first read the recipe for the drink so instead of Peach Tree I manage picking up Absolut Pear vodka.

Not very strange that the drink didn't layer as the high alcohol vodka blended well with the Baileys but I didn't think of that at first so I mixed a handful of these little suckers before I realized I had picked up the wrong stuff.

The "original" with Peach Tree is as stated, rather sweet and after two I''m not very keen on the anymore, but with Absolut Pear they're much more balanced with more punch and the sweet gets mixed with some acidity and the result is damn fine.

Looks like shit. Tastes great.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Alien brain hemorrhage

Post by DeeboCools »

I'm intrigued. Just bailey's and peach tree/pear vodka?
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

DeeboCools wrote:I'm intrigued. Just bailey's and peach tree/pear vodka?
Same here I'm to intrigued.

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

The actual recipe/procedure is:

- Take a shot glass

- Fill Peach Tree up to little more than 1/2 or 3/4.

- Gently pour a narrow stream of Baileys. Doing this in a narrow stream and moving it around the Peach Tree will create the brain structure. If you stay away from the edges, the Baileys will float in the center like a brain. In the image below (not mine) there's IMO too much Baileys so you don't get that effect. If the Baileys touches the glass it will "stick" not giving as much of the brain effect. Pour and leave about 10 mm or so from the top edge of the glass.

- Add the Curaçao Blue which will give the sci-fi/alien effect to the drink. In the image there's not much Curaçao, I'd add a little more. Pour gently and leave just a little room for the final ingredient.

- Add Grenadine for the blood/hemorrhage effect. In the image there's IMO way too much Grenadine as it's very sweet and sticky this one would be much to sweet for me. Pour gently so that it reaches the bottom without disturbing the rest of the ingredients too much.

Done :)

For the ugly but better tasting version, just switch Peach Tree with Absolut Pear vodka.

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

Little more balanced on the ingredients here but pouring the Baileys too fast brings it too close to the bottom - where it will stick in the Grenadine.

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

Quite faschinating to stare at this. Well at least when you're soused. Not so little resemblance with a nebula.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Far out.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

WHOA! I was just interested in the weird flavor it might have. This is intense.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I'd order 10 of those so I'd drink first 5-6 and could just look at the damn things before drinking rest of them.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Bur wrote:I'd order 10 of those so I'd drink first 5-6 and could just look at the damn things before drinking rest of them.
10 drinks that will be $90 plus tip thank you. What's that you say, put it on Johnny Tequila's tab? sure thing!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Swede wrote:The actual recipe/procedure is:

- Take a shot glass

- Fill Peach Tree up to little more than 1/2 or 3/4.

- Gently pour a narrow stream of Baileys. Doing this in a narrow stream and moving it around the Peach Tree will create the brain structure. If you stay away from the edges, the Baileys will float in the center like a brain. In the image below (not mine) there's IMO too much Baileys so you don't get that effect. If the Baileys touches the glass it will "stick" not giving as much of the brain effect. Pour and leave about 10 mm or so from the top edge of the glass.

- Add the Curaçao Blue which will give the sci-fi/alien effect to the drink. In the image there's not much Curaçao, I'd add a little more. Pour gently and leave just a little room for the final ingredient.

- Add Grenadine for the blood/hemorrhage effect. In the image there's IMO way too much Grenadine as it's very sweet and sticky this one would be much to sweet for me. Pour gently so that it reaches the bottom without disturbing the rest of the ingredients too much.

Done :)

For the ugly but better tasting version, just switch Peach Tree with Absolut Pear vodka.

If that was in my head it would hurt got try it.

Judge

Post by Judge »

"a right proper scottish drinkk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKsqyHhPN4
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Then, just for shits and giggles, I looked in my liquor cabinet to see what I would need to buy to make this. I can't believe the only thing I am missing is the grenadine. Where the hell did I get the peach schnapps from? Its not full but mostly. My lucky day. Grenadine coming up tomorow and I shall make an alien brain hemmorage because I can.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

Please report back with findings! I am excited to see these things in person, might have to go get some supplies.
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I don't trust grenadine. Looks like booze, sounds like booze, sold in booze shops, but it's not booze.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best