Moscow Mule

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Moscow Mule

Post by Surreal »

That is all.

Ps. Treetop isnt banned. He has just been busy with the HBE box 'o love i sent him.

Cheers fuckers.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Moscow Mule

Post by Mr. Viking »

never really been a vodka drinker. I'll be drinking gin & ginger instead
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

GinMcG
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by GinMcG »

LOVE moscow mules! We were introduced to them by some Aussie friends in Slingers. However, I never have all the ingredients around to make them.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

What's the alc. of the ginger beer? Don't want to dilute good Vodka.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Is this some Commie drink? More mind control to put us in camps.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Lush City wrote:What's the alc. of the ginger beer?...
That depends. There are quite a few versions that do have ever% ABV; such a Crabbies', Hollows & Fentiman's or Stone's, to name but three.

It is also surprisingly easy to make. Here are links to a few recipes, version one, version two or help from a forum dedicated to the topic.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

anybody tried any of these? One of these days i'm going to get around to making my own
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

we make them with just plain old ginger beer. they're quite tasty. make sure your ginger beer is good and spicy though. if you don't sneeze when you open the bottle, find a better ginger beer.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:anybody tried any of these?...
I tried version one but with a mix of ginger root and ginger powder. Ridiculously simple to make, way easier than wine or beer making. However, use plastic bottles, make sure that you only fill them about three quarters of the way and squeeze the bottle when capping to allow for the carbonation.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Palinka wrote:
Lush City wrote:What's the alc. of the ginger beer?...
That depends. There are quite a few versions that do have ever% ABV; such a Crabbies', Hollows & Fentiman's or Stone's, to name but three.

It is also surprisingly easy to make. Here are links to a few recipes, version one, version two or help from a forum dedicated to the topic.
Had no idea this was the original form. Guess that's where ginger ale comes from but of course it had no alc. content. Who would carry commercial brands? Have never seen it at a local market. Ginger is very gentle in the stomach. Drink a lot of ginger tea.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

What it is, what it ain't...what it's all about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffeeSUCums

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

peetie44 wrote:What it is, what it ain't...what it's all about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffeeSUCums
What would inspire an American mid westerner to sing about a Muslim? It had to be a standard that offered him an opportunity to yodel. That's all I can gather.

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

The Mule has long been a staple of my drink [experts estimate that I have been enjoying home made for the last 15 years, store bought for 19 (stop guessing my age! It's 34)].

It's a great "long" drink especially in the summer, plus it adds the reknown stomach calming effect of Ginger that makes it a perfect next day drink. Combine that with it's easy to make formula and the ability to substitute any available white liquor and it will forever remain in my toolbox.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

GinMcG
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by GinMcG »

I made this ginger beer.... it's a bit of a pain to keep "mother" happy but so worth it.
http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/6742/ginger-beer.aspx

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:anybody tried any of these?...
I tried version one but with a mix of ginger root and ginger powder. Ridiculously simple to make, way easier than wine or beer making. However, use plastic bottles, make sure that you only fill them about three quarters of the way and squeeze the bottle when capping to allow for the carbonation.
I have a pressure barrel with a tap so I'm fine for explosions. Also, you can use glass bottles, but you have to put a balloon on the end and bleed the CO2 out to stop them exploding. I have used plastic bottles without leaving headspace before, and they can hold tremendous amounts of pressure, but because the drink becomes so fizzy, it explodes in a huge fountain of foam when it's opened. Hopefully get some going after easter, mature through spring and be perfect drinking by summer