A Very Bloody Mary

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: A Very Bloody Mary

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

never thought of that!

Inteeeresting...

Ya know, the best parts of a quesadilla (rhymes with case-o-beer for Euopeurs) is them tasty bits of cheddah left over in the hot, black iron skillet and all ove rthe place and they are crispyfied.

now i'm all hungry.

thanks man

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I recently used orange instead of lemon juice. Is that blasphemy?

If so, go get me!
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:I recently used orange instead of lemon juice....
My receipe calls for neither but, you know, whatever gets you through the night...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:
oettinger wrote:I recently used orange instead of lemon juice....
My receipe calls for neither but, you know, whatever gets you through the night...
Damn fine link Palinka, a reminder to go back a page would have done it, haha. Guess we`re even becoming to fat and lazy to do that
Drink!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

One of the little old lady volunteers at work gave me a mason jar of her Bloody Mary mix and it had a lot of common ingredients with Palinka's, but she wouldn't give me the recipe. I do know she does it from all home grown stuff and it kicks ass.

Working this morning on some far-east ingredients including oyster sauce and Thai chili, no OMG moments yet.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Make anything tasty yet, Smatter Noguts? Drinking minds want to know

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

mistah willies wrote:Make anything tasty yet, Smatter Noguts? Drinking minds want to know
I have made the mistake of buying McClure's and Jimmy Luv mixes and using them! Also, spicy V-8. Learn from my folly. Not sure if Mr & Mrs T's is a sound investment, any experience out there?

Zing Zang is more to my liking but only in a portion less than Clamato, say 1/3. It has a lot of celery seed and spices I like and is sort of a crutch.

My east asia experiment was an uneven adventure; I prefer Frank's hot sauce to the Siriachi.

I froze some beef bouillon and made ice cubes of them per Palinka's bullshot leanings and am enjoying the same currently, along with Milano's dill sauce and oyster sauce in the teaspoon quantity for my 16 oz drink.

I'm looking forward to a smal bender next weekend and am reviewing going the horseradish / wasabi route, so any input would be appreciated there as well.

Cheers!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Damn fine report. Mr. Smatter Noguts.

Spice is indeed indicated. Wasabi has less of the permamnent burn, isn;t that right?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I use the Zing Zang crutch as well. This trout season I did the whole Bloody Mary testing. I based it with the ZZ and added Worchestershire, Crystal's, horseradish and some mesquite liquid smoke. Still working out the proportions but everyone seemed to like it. I also shook it. No stiring.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Liquid smoke? Small quantity, naturally. Thanks, Patchez, I'll give it a try, I don't dare cook with it anymore.

Discarded commercial mixes have made for some interesting meat marinades for the chicken I've grilled this week.

The danger and promise of the ol' BM is that it can turn into a salad bar if you're not careful, or rdrift into the foofy range. My cousin is bringing up some Illinois full proof Everclear friday, and we may have to get back to basics with that and some packets of Arby's barbeque and horsey sauce, with a little ketchup for the tomato flavor. It'll hurt.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Smatter Noguts wrote:... It'll hurt.

Amen, young man, a-fucking-men
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Smatter that sounds like an interesting weekend. The homemade vodka sample that I had really made Mary shine. I have to see when the guy is going to run more of that. He made it from 'taters and said he wont be shredding that many by hand again. Ever. I wonder, if I get him a food processor, how may quarts would that be worth?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

An investment well worth the wondering. It goes beyond simple increasing of productivity, true?

It shows belief in a recipe, and the maker of any such beverage most likely would appreciate the props for his making of it.

Everyone wins, isn't that right

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Andy indeed brought the Everclear. Who says you can't get a hangover on the clear stuff?

Anyway, this weekend's little experiment involves a trip to the ocean, where all life began:

Vodka
Clamato
1 level teaspoon each of
Anchovy paste
Fish sauce
Lemon juice
Tomato paste
Horseradish sauce, a really hot kind

Mashed together until liquid, ice added at the end, till the glass is nearly full. Then, topped with a Blue Point Oyster!

Eager to get started, but not on top of the EC/5 buck chuck I'm observing Good Friday with.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Smatter Noguts wrote:Andy indeed brought the Everclear. Who says you can't get a hangover on the clear stuff?

Anyway, this weekend's little experiment involves a trip to the ocean, where all life began:

Vodka
Clamato
1 level teaspoon each of
Anchovy paste
Fish sauce
Lemon juice
Tomato paste
Horseradish sauce, a really hot kind

Mashed together until liquid, ice added at the end, till the glass is nearly full. Then, topped with a Blue Point Oyster!

Eager to get started, but not on top of the EC/5 buck chuck I'm observing Good Friday with.
Good mix you got there Noguts
Half of the ingredients aren`t available in this sad part of earth (Anchovy paste?????), Lemon (????) I`ve seen an apple before...
Got that Vodka thingy going though
Drink!