A Very Bloody Mary

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: A Very Bloody Mary

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Palinka wrote:
Smatter Noguts wrote:...1/2 tspn minced garlic for Palinka's sake...
And some Sake for the Garlic.

Well played, my friend. Now I gotta go out and buy some of that.

3 Parts Scotch and 1 part sake = ?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Booznik, Zing Zang is the base for all my Bloody Mary variations. It may be the perfect Mary base without doctoring as well. Ya know if one is too tanked to whip one up or too hungover in the AM. It makes an easy two parter to wake with.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Patchez wrote:Booznik, Zing Zang is the base for all my Bloody Mary variations. It may be the perfect Mary base without doctoring as well. Ya know if one is too tanked to whip one up or too hungover in the AM. It makes an easy two parter to wake with.
This is true and profound, so I took the daughter in laws Chistmas present of a mini food processor and am prepared to make a premix.

I don't know storage time, but will experiment starting today with the non-clamato/zingzang elements, then puree pickle, horseradish and the myryad other ingrediants and throw the vodka in and refridgerate.

A monster hangover looms for Sunday morning. I don't know storage time for a complete BM, but might experiment with that as well.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Smatter Noguts wrote:...horseradish...
Try using a few pinches of powdered Wasabi - Japanese Horseradish. It really adds zing!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Palinka wrote:
Smatter Noguts wrote:...horseradish...
Try using a few pinches of powdered Wasabi - Japanese Horseradish. It really adds zing!
...part of the oriental BM with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Supprized i haven't posted this.
The Sriracha is to be avoided at all costs, however.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Smatter Noguts wrote:...part of the oriental BM with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Supprized i haven't posted this...
It does sound good.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

my nieghbor mr bill brought e a large canof v8 soi will be sorking on that but the point was that you buy a cheap soldering iron, dri;ll ansmall hole in one end of the can ad have the other half openedn put in teh iron and wood chips and you hav ethe worls's cheapest cold smoker and now the possibilitesare endless.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Smatter Noguts wrote:
Patchez wrote:Booznik, Zing Zang is the base for all my Bloody Mary variations. It may be the perfect Mary base without doctoring as well. Ya know if one is too tanked to whip one up or too hungover in the AM. It makes an easy two parter to wake with.
This is true and profound, so I took the daughter in laws Chistmas present of a mini food processor and am prepared to make a premix.

I don't know storage time, but will experiment starting today with the non-clamato/zingzang elements, then puree pickle, horseradish and the myryad other ingrediants and throw the vodka in and refridgerate.

A monster hangover looms for Sunday morning. I don't know storage time for a complete BM, but might experiment with that as well.
Agreed, Zing Zang is the best mix I've used. I just add some horseradish, worchestshire and a couple olives (or pickle if you prefer) and I'm done.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

The V-8 was a fortunate contribution, because it led back to the discussion of the ancient Peninsular Club recipe my sister has sat on for years and just today decided to share:

1 Large metal can of V-8 (Over a quart)
2 Lemons, squeezed and zested, and thrown into the V-8
2 Tablespoons of Worchester
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 Teaspoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of course ground pepper

They'd premix this and refrigerate, then ask if the member (private club) would prefer to add horseradish or hot sauce. Always served with a celery stick, this mix would be poured into a pint glass that full of ice and half full of vodka.

She, being a better authority than I on the drink, pointed out that sodium content was always what set the BM apart from standard highballs, which is probably why we've discussed Bullshots here. She is also the only person I've drank with that can tell you if she is drinking cheap vodka up or fancy shmancy vodka. Don't know how she does that, but my dughter seems to be getting the talent down as well.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Smatter Noguts wrote:...She, being a better authority than I on the drink...
Your sister wasn't, perchance, the author of this authoritative piece of investigative reportage, was she? If not then I feel that her rebuttal will make for an interesting series of topics*.

* Or, at the very least, a highly informative and entertaining, ongoing debate within the letters pages. Either way, once you have emailed her the link, you'll have no problems in choosing a birthday gift for her, this year!
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:Smatternoguts should change his name to MasterofMarys. Just a thought.
Bump that up again.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Palinka wrote:
Smatter Noguts wrote:...She, being a better authority than I on the drink...
Your sister wasn't, perchance, the author of this authoritative piece of investigative reportage, was she? If not then I feel that her rebuttal will make for an interesting series of topics*.

* Or, at the very least, a highly informative and entertaining, ongoing debate within the letters pages. Either way, once you have emailed her the link, you'll have no problems in choosing a birthday gift for her, this year!
My sister is named Suzanne, not Sara, and would read this article and say "interesting"; which is her polite way of calling bullshit to someone's face while the recipient believes they are being complimented.

Mixed drinks are a journey, not a destination, and insisting on something has always struck me strange, unless we're talking about putting 18 year old scotch in a rusty nail or pouring coke over your Booker's.

V-8 is the primary ingredient in Zing-Zang, and I enjoy it's texture. I can relate the rest of the ingredients if anyone wants to save the $4.10 extra you'd spend. You will find a lot of dismissive literature regarding Clamato or plain (Campbells? Really?) tomato juice, but I can enjoy that. As I've said, some stolen Arby's horsey sauce, Arby sauce and ketsup and vodka in a fogged up car in the middle of nowhere that you don't understand how you arrived at makes a kick-ass bloody on a freezing morning.

You must trust me on this.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Smatter Noguts wrote:
Trusted.

Now, for a bit of a diversion, why not purchase a can of Progresso zesty tomato soup for an experiment?

It's the best of its kind. Bits of tomato in it, as well, but has a need for some spicy kick...

Yessah

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

mistah willies wrote:
Smatter Noguts wrote:
Trusted.

Now, for a bit of a diversion, why not purchase a can of Progresso zesty tomato soup for an experiment?

It's the best of its kind. Bits of tomato in it, as well, but has a need for some spicy kick...

Yessah
Consider it purchased. A report will be forthcoming.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

No, not really. I wouldn't.

Or would I?

Needs more ingredients, but there's no more room.

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo