Apple Pie...

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dylboz
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Apple Pie...

Post by Dylboz »

Is what you call 3 fingers of Gin in a tumbler full of ice, topped off with hard cider. Pretty decent. CHEERS!
I've taken the edge off so many times, I'm round!

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: Apple Pie...

Post by steved2112 »

It's also a name for a baked dessert with apples. And while you were reading that, I snaked some of your gin with my internet straw. That fast.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Gin and cider half and half is called a Crystal Lolly, invented by me (the Lolly part) and Crystal obviously. Enjoy her, she'll caress you soothingly as she stabs you in the back.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Gin and cider half and half is called a Crystal Lolly, invented by me (the Lolly part) and Crystal obviously. Enjoy her, she'll caress you soothingly as she stabs you in the back.
This should bear the name of a random French girl, like Elise or Renée.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

It already has a noble and majestic name, even if no-one has called me Lolly for years.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:It already has a noble and majestic name, even if no-one has called me Lolly for years.
Oh I'm sorry, I had no idea.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:It already has a noble and majestic name, even if no-one has called me Lolly for years.
Oh I'm sorry, I had no idea.
No need to apologise love, I never liked the name too much anyway. Crystal is still called Crystal though, unless I'm extremely behind on my board gossip.

WWDJFD?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Perhaps, we should combine the ideas that makes this (and I favour combinations, especially if one is Vodka) and name it from its constiuent parts; ie Cidre, being Breton/French, and gin, being Dutch, it should be more correctly termed, "A Belgium" (after that imaginary place THAT ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT EXIST!)?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Palinka wrote:Perhaps, we should combine the ideas that makes this (and I favour combinations, especially if one is Vodka) and name it from its constiuent parts; ie Cidre, being Breton/French, and gin, being Dutch, it should be more correctly termed, "A Belgium" (after that imaginary place THAT ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT EXIST!)?
Again with the Belgium bashing... You sir, are nothing more than a Belgist.

WWDJFD?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Again with the Belgium bashing... You sir, are nothing more than a Belgist.
One cannot be AGAINST a place that isn't real. It would be akin to me calling someone an anti-Vulcanian.
For newer readers, here is the proof!
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I often have gin in pints of Tennent's. Makes it a bit crisper. I'm sure I've had gin in cider but I was too smashed to remember whether it was any good
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Half pint of gin, half pint of cider. It is good, trust me. Almost...too good.

WWDJFD?

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:Half pint of gin, half pint of cider. It is good, trust me. Almost...too good.
I'll not argue with that...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Palinka wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:Half pint of gin, half pint of cider. It is good, trust me. Almost...too good.
I'll not argue with that...
I'm increasingly finding that I'm physically incapable of arguing with it for too long.

WWDJFD?

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I need a drink named after me, damnit. Must have bourbon, or red wine, or champagne. Must be highly alcoholic. (Like me.)
like tears in rain