The Mr Hankey

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The Mr Hankey

Post by oettinger »

Ever grew tired of the same old mixers in your cheap voddie, but you can not afford the better stuff? Yeah, No? I just had that problem, the Oj in my screwdrivers got me GAG every dam time.
Pour in just a splash of coke, and there it is, the Hankey. It looks like it, it tastes like it but it is something different, just the look of it is something special. To all of you not of note lame South Park Reference.
Try less Oj and more coke as you prefer your hankey (more dark on sundays? brown, almost red on a tuesday?), I tried pineapple, peach and vise versa but nothing beats the hankey
until you get sick of it and stomach the Oj again
Drink!

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: The Mr Hankey

Post by Oggar »

May have to try this sometime.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Oggar wrote:May have to try this sometime.
Don't. It's quite nasty. The Germans have a habit of using cola and OJ as a mixer for a lot of things*, including red wine (it's enough to make Mr Boozificator weep). I first encountered this phenomenon whilst on holiday in Croatia and witnessed it again in Prague. Fortunately, the Hungarians simply refuse to serve such a monstrosity, so I never saw the like in Budapest.

* The cola, OJ and milk mix, that I saw one large German trucker down, at a service station near Hamburg (where I had stopped for a comfort break, cigarettes and sandwich), saved me the price of a sandwich...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Wolfcoat
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Wolfcoat »

""...Sometimes its nutty, sometimes its corny, it can be brown or greenish brown..."
Here's to us, and those like us.
Damn few of us left.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wolfcoat wrote:""...Sometimes its nutty, sometimes its corny, it can be brown or greenish brown..."
smells like it too
Drink!

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

If OJ makes you gag it had better be rotten or you are in the wrong place.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Resident Asshole wrote:If OJ makes you gag it had better be rotten or you are in the wrong place.
Have you never noticed that after a while the taste of the OJ in Screwdrivers begins to get a bit thick and almost metallic? Unless you are lucky enough to have a constant supply of fresh OJ, of course. Which is why mixing it up with Campari, another juice or even a dash of Angostura Bitters (or all three) can be a help when on a Screwdriver binge.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:Have you never noticed that after a while the taste of the OJ in Screwdrivers begins to get a bit thick and almost metallic?
Yes good Sir, I am not alone afterall. All that snuff tabaco didn`t help the cause either...
Drink!

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Palinka wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:If OJ makes you gag it had better be rotten or you are in the wrong place.
Have you never noticed that after a while the taste of the OJ in Screwdrivers begins to get a bit thick and almost metallic? Unless you are lucky enough to have a constant supply of fresh OJ, of course. Which is why mixing it up with Campari, another juice or even a dash of Angostura Bitters (or all three) can be a help when on a Screwdriver binge.
Absolutely OJ can get clotted. We have it fairly fresh here. I'm not a Campari fan but bitters can fix many things. I'm drinking vodka/cran/rasp currently, and the juice on that can fatten up as well.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

If there has to be OJ in a drink I prefer it as bitter and sour as possible. Sweet OJ from the counter doesn`t cut it for me anymore. My taste changed over time I guess. Back in the day I ate lots of candy but nowadays you can hunt me with that stuff... totally hate it! Tried white russians for a while, but that coffee-liquor stuff is always pre-sweeted. Tried normal coffee... meh. Best was tea milk and vodka.
Short of some cocktails and cheap beer everything I put in has to contain salt, pepper, or both
Drink!