Sangria Chatter

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Sangria Chatter

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:
booznik wrote:Back on topic. This, ladies and gentleman, may say sangria, but it is in fact nothing of the sort.

Here in California, a 4L jug of this will set you back $10-$12.

Four. Liters.

This is the stuff morning-after regrets are made of. Not to mention incoherent forum posts, mixed with an extra helping of drunk dialing.

I have tried on multiple occasions to contact producers/purveyors of such fancy goods to ship them over here, but to no avail
I`ll hit you up with 5 litre. but that nitro kerosin-bagde might cauae trubble this week
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Here is one I plan on making for weekend barbecue duty. Should cut the smoky grease nicely. It gains some inspiration from the Planters Punch which is among one of the oldest mixed drinks made from spirits. No portions are included, you'll have to do those to taste for yourself. I'll take any excuse that let's red wine and dark rum get together. No name given to it yet.

Box Malbec wine (a lot)
Dark Plantation Rum (a lot)
Brown Sugar (not too much)
Sweet Orange or Tangerine (sliced)
Pineapple (chunked)
Lime (sliced)
Mango (sliced spears)

I might also put in a dash of Peychaud's Bitters, not enough that you'd really know it was there but just enough to lend a little more depth and bring out the fruit.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Badfellow wrote:Here is one I plan on making for weekend barbecue duty. Should cut the smoky grease nicely. It gains some inspiration from the Planters Punch which is among one of the oldest mixed drinks made from spirits. No portions are included, you'll have to do those to taste for yourself. I'll take any excuse that let's red wine and dark rum get together. No name given to it yet.

Box Malbec wine (a lot)
Dark Plantation Rum (a lot)
Brown Sugar (not too much)
Sweet Orange or Tangerine (sliced)
Pineapple (chunked)
Lime (sliced)
Mango (sliced spears)

I might also put in a dash of Peychaud's Bitters, not enough that you'd really know it was there but just enough to lend a little more depth and bring out the fruit.
Good god, box wine and Plantation with sugar and fruit.

Combined with other libations, this could make for a wild ride. Fasten your seat belts and affix your motorcycle helmets.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

booznik wrote:...Fasten your seat belts and affix your motorcycle helmets.

In my culture, being made to wear the drinking helmet is seen as a form of punishement and shame.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Badfellow wrote:
booznik wrote:...Fasten your seat belts and affix your motorcycle helmets.

In my culture, being made to wear the drinking helmet is seen as a form of punishement and shame.
We must respect all cultures. In my culture, anointing yourself with whisky, and holding a self-coronation with a lampshade is regarded as...

Well. Somewhat amusing. The first time.

I wonder if Crown goes well in sangria.

"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo