The Dude 2.0

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

The Dude 2.0

Post by shawnonious »

Just mixed this bad boy up from memory, somehow. Went to the cigar lounge a month ago or so, and I enjoy White Russians when I'm having cigars at the lounge. This particular night, they had run out of cream before my drinking buddies and I even arrived. I opted for gin and tonics. Later on in the night, however, the bartender came back to me and I said "Man, damned shame you guys are out of cream." He stopped dead in his tracks, and said "Hold on... I have an idea."

Naturally, this is a good thing to hear from a bartender.

Long story short, I got this bad boy, in a tall glass, for the price of a meager white russian.

Here is my recipe for an Old Fashioned glass size
4 ice cubes
1 shot of Vodka (naturally, I ramp this up some)
1 shot of Kahlua
fill about 3/4 of the way to the top with Bailey's Irish Cream

There you have it. Simple and easy. The Dude 2.0, as the bartender christened it. When proportioned right, it absolutely tastes just like chocolate milk. And when doubled up for a tall glass, will really get you rolling.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The Dude 2.0

Post by mistah willies »

Damn.

That sounds mighty tasty.

If only, if only them coffee shops in the moaning hours would offer this recipe

no one would get to work, but everyone would have a helluva day.

Yessah, mistah man

DRINK!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Just got back from a gig, saw Willie replied, and knew what was coming, and got ready.

Don't worry, your DRINK didnt' go unnoticed!

But really, shizz is like alcoholic chocolate milk. Highly recommend, even if it's in a short glass. I had one last night amping down before bed, and even with a ridiculously high vodka proportion it was great.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

This is an old recipe, and would be the core of a "Foofy Chick Drinks" book if I ever wrote one.

The lovely thing here is how the booze taste is covered over for non-drinkers to enjoy; my wife and her sister are fed this by me and my brother in law for fun sometimes as they like chocolate (what dame doesn't?) and get looped without knowing it.

Our knickname for it is "The Titilator".