Bloody Maria recipe

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Bloody Maria recipe

Post by Lush City »

Well, living in the land of fresh taco sauce, I came across a delicious vodka drink with Southwestern kick.
I tall 12oz. glass
2-3 ice cubes
1 big ass jigger of your favorite vodka. (I chose Blue Ice, American potato vodka).
1 dash of organic lemon juice
8oz. Clamato juice cocktail. (shake bottle well before opening to get all the settled clam powder off the bottom and back into the drink.)
3-4 or more drops of your favorite freshly made taco sauce. The hotter the better. (easily obtained from you local Mexican restaurant).
Stir and enjoy. It's the perfect morning bracer.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Bloody Maria recipe

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:36 pm
Well, living in the land of fresh taco sauce, I came across a delicious vodka drink with Southwestern kick.
I tall 12oz. glass
2-3 ice cubes
1 big ass jigger of your favorite vodka. (I chose Blue Ice, American potato vodka).
1 dash of organic lemon juice
8oz. Clamato juice cocktail. (shake bottle well before opening to get all the settled clam powder off the bottom and back into the drink.)
3-4 or more drops of your favorite freshly made taco sauce. The hotter the better. (easily obtained from you local Mexican restaurant).
Stir and enjoy. It's the perfect morning bracer.
I want one right now.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I could put some raw horseradish into it to step up the hot but it would be more like a traditional bloody Mary.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

This is genius, of course; and easy to construct via a visit to Taco Bell and obtaining a couple of packets of "Fire" sauce.

Having one right now using bumfuck vodka and a touch of dill sauce.

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

I thought the 'Maria' aspect derived from the substitution of tequila instead of vodka. In any case, reposado works very well with all the ingredients listed. I like to balance out the tomato/clamato with a bit of crisp Mexican lager as well for some fizz.

I dream of Clamato here in Australia. Explaining it to people generally elicits a protracted 'eewwwww' so I don't think it will make it across the Pacific anytime soon.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

gede wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:06 am
I thought the 'Maria' aspect derived from the substitution of tequila instead of vodka. In any case, reposado works very well with all the ingredients listed. I like to balance out the tomato/clamato with a bit of crisp Mexican lager as well for some fizz.

I dream of Clamato here in Australia. Explaining it to people generally elicits a protracted 'eewwwww' so I don't think it will make it across the Pacific anytime soon.
Clamato rocks. Queen olives, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt. Cheap vodka. Done.
Okole maluna!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:25 am
gede wrote:

Clamato rocks. Queen olives, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt. Cheap vodka. Done.
Hell yeah. In absence of horseradish I go cayenne pepper for the kick (with plain ol' tomato juice anyway).

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

gede wrote:

Yes, I have done the lager fizz, too. It's only natural for this to happen. I even added more diced veggies into the drink. Cucumbers and tomatoes...

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I once added pickled jalapenho water, that was freaking great
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I also discovered nopalito cactus. Bought a jar of cut, cleaned and steamed nopa leaves. Sauteed them with onions and mushrooms. Put that in a burrito with refried beans covered with green chili salsa. Can I get a huge belch?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

belch
Drink!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

After some experimentation I can confirm that most pickling juices work well as an addition. Recently I have been adding a splash of pickled onion juice (vinegar I guess) and green pimento olive brine.

I have also done all this with an egg in the glass. Only once though. Would repeat as it is a true breakfast in a glass, but I live in an egg free home.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

gede wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:57 am
After some experimentation I can confirm that most pickling juices work well as an addition. Recently I have been adding a splash of pickled onion juice (vinegar I guess) and green pimento olive brine.

I have also done all this with an egg in the glass. Only once though. Would repeat as it is a true breakfast in a glass, but I live in an egg free home.
Yeah I wondered if capers and / or caper juice would work. Ahh it's a Bloody drink. Anything goes. Gherkins? Cornichons?
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

This all reminds me of kim chee and sauerkraut. Had a kosher 1/4 lb. charred grilled hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard. Fermented cabbage is a great diet supplement. Eat them in good health.

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:48 pm
This all reminds me of kim chee and sauerkraut. Had a kosher 1/4 lb. charred grilled hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard. Fermented cabbage is a great diet supplement. Eat them in good health.
Full support. I wouldn’t have hot dogs without kraut, and indeed it was american cooking shows that turned me onto it. Similarly I will also enjoy a good pile of it on the plate with regular breakfast staples: bacon, potatoes, tomato etc. Not sure what’s in the stuff that makes it so good for you, supposedly, but it’s fantastic. Fermentation, pickling, saltiness - there’s a reason the bloody is the only cocktail I enjoy with regularity these days. So to contribute, my recipe for Red Beer:

- bottle Mexican lager
- dash worcestershire sauce
- liberal ‘dash’ of Tabasco or frank’s
- green stuffed olives
- pickled onions
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- lime juice

Combine sauces and lime juice in pint glass. Muddle around a bit, then add a splash of the brine from the jarred olives and onions. Crack some pepper in there. Pour in the tomato juice and lager at the same time to mix, easing off the tomato juice so you get the full bottle of beer into the glass. Skewer onions and olives and dump them in. Dust with cayenne pepper. Down with speed and efficiency.