Random shot recipes

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Stiletto
Tippler
Tippler

Ultimate Tequila Jello Shot

Post by Stiletto »

These are special occasion shots, good for many occasions, Mardi Gras, Halloween, Tuesday...

Soak Sour Gummy Worms (Like Gummy Bears, but worms) in a blue tequila of your choice in a bowl in the fridge for 1-3 hours until they just begin to plump up.

Prepare your blue tequila and lime jello; if you don't know how to make jello shots, go back to drunk school.

In the bottom of disposable jello shot cups, place one inebriated gummy worm, and pour lime tequila jello shot over it. Allow it to set up in the fridge.

Sprinkle top of set up shots with sea salt lightly.

Serve and enjoy the praises.
I go dancing with the Green Fairy, do you?

darkmark
Tippler
Tippler

shot - impending doom

Post by darkmark »

i'm not sure if anyone else has tried this combo...
a friend of mine came up with this and it guarantees fun.

in a glass, pour a shot of jager and a shot of Southern Comfort 100...no limit on the size of the glass or shot measurement.

and you have impending doom.

i've seen good men hit the floor after two of them...

RIPT

The Dirty Irishman

Post by RIPT »

I was introduced to this shot this weekend by an exemplary drunkard in the Hamptons. It is traditionally made by mixing one part Irish Whisky with one part Bailey's Irish Cream, shaken over ice, and poured. The bar I was in didn't have Irish Whisky, so we used Jim Beam. Still very good.

I highly recommend it to those who object to the taste of straight whisky. All the kick without the bite. Perhaps a good avenue to pursue if all you have is the cheap stuff.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Isn't that basically a Carbomb but without the dropping into Guinness?
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

coqui_chris wrote:Isn't that basically a Carbomb but without the dropping into Guinness?
Yes.

I tried an Irish Flag. It's ok I guess. I prefer the Irish Carbomb, myself.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I was at a bar on St. Patrick's Day where they ran out of Guinness.

Swear to fucking God.

Anyways, rather than not do Carbombs, we just continued to do Swithwick's Carbombs. It wasn't the same. But hey, we were drunk.

Also, that night my buddy's girlfriend was saying she'd never done a Carbomb so we insisted she do one with us. When she couldn't finish it, he held the glass up so it'd keep pouring down her throat. That's when she started to puke back into the glass. He had to grab a second glass to catch the whole thing when the first one filled up.

And then he told us, "Please don't make my girlfriend do any more Carbombs."
"You're the one who made her chug the whole thing," our other friend said.

Some people.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

i have never had an Irish car-bomb drink :?

or any other car bomb, but thats a different discussion...
Last edited by thirsty4beer on Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mine's a pint

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Ah, here we go... :wink:
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Sixpack595
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Sixpack595 »

Shit, I never knew there was a name for that. If the shots were flying at the local (Jameson only) and someone started getting a bit weak in the belly they asked for a "Pussy shot" this meant half Baileys and half Jameson in a shot glass. Regular shots were doubles neat in a rocks glass.
"Finally, this board was never meant to be a soap opera where people should funnel their emotions and social lives into, it was never meant to be a substitute for drinking and interacting with other drunks at bars." Modern Drunkard

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

At my halls of residence, we had a shooter called 'The Churner'. Bit of Baileys, bit of Guinness, bit of whiskey, bit of lime cordial and a smidgeon of soda. The lucky winner drinks the shot, is held upside down by 2 large men and shaken vigorously. I freely admit that I spewed like a champ. This was on top of the night of already stomach-disquieting vodka and Red Bulls.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:At my halls of residence, we had a shooter called 'The Churner'. Bit of Baileys, bit of Guinness, bit of whiskey, bit of lime cordial and a smidgeon of soda. The lucky winner drinks the shot, is held upside down by 2 large men and shaken vigorously. I freely admit that I spewed like a champ.
This is also called a Cement Mixer. Which is also called a Cure for Drinking.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Manos
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Manos »

Jimmy&Guinney wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:At my halls of residence, we had a shooter called 'The Churner'. Bit of Baileys, bit of Guinness, bit of whiskey, bit of lime cordial and a smidgeon of soda. The lucky winner drinks the shot, is held upside down by 2 large men and shaken vigorously. I freely admit that I spewed like a champ.
Cement Mixers, at least here, are finished by the baartender shaking the recipients head vigorously.
[i:d657c50c8b]I'm not fucking Snow White!"[/i:d657c50c8b]
[b:d657c50c8b]Girlie[/b:d657c50c8b]

[i:d657c50c8b]Mu uncle's Canadian. He looks like he fell out of a tree.[/i:d657c50c8b]
[b:d657c50c8b]LollyGSG[/b:d657c50c8b]

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Mayhem Light wrote:
Jimmy&Guinney wrote:
Cement Mixers, at least here, are finished by the baartender shaking the recipients head vigorously.
I'd fight back...
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

tipsyguzano
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by tipsyguzano »

I've known of that shot- Bailey's and Irish - for years, but never knew the name of it. Cheers.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

tipsyguzano wrote:I've known of that shot- Bailey's and Irish - for years, but never knew the name of it. Cheers.
Welcome to you honey. :D

WWDJFD?