Vodka and...

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Vodka and...

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Lately, I've come to appreciate two simple but effective vodka drinks. While it's not my go-to spirit, it is much cheaper than whisky and slightly more to my liking than gin in this weather.

1) Vodka and cream soda.

I made this drink for myself and a friend when I had ran out of wine and everything else. Said friend has been raving about it ever since. Have to say, it was pretty good for an "empty the shelves at midnight" drink.

2) Vodka and ginger ale.

Commonly referred to as a vodka buck or Moscow Mule, I can thank John Prine for this one. It's practically a health drink. Hopefully Mr Prine is still knocking 'em back in the beyond.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Vodka and...

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:52 am
Lately, I've come to appreciate two simple but effective vodka drinks. While it's not my go-to spirit, it is much cheaper than whisky and slightly more to my liking than gin in this weather.

1) Vodka and cream soda.

I made this drink for myself and a friend when I had ran out of wine and everything else. Said friend has been raving about it ever since. Have to say, it was pretty good for an "empty the shelves at midnight" drink.

2) Vodka and ginger ale.

Commonly referred to as a vodka buck or Moscow Mule, I can thank John Prine for this one. It's practically a health drink. Hopefully Mr Prine is still knocking 'em back in the beyond.
Cream soda and ginger ale are my favorite mixers ever, not to mention favorite childhood drinks (especially the strawberry cream soda. Mmm mmm mmm). I was groomed for this moment of drunkardism. Everyone seems to hate those drinks and make fun of me but I got your back, bro! Chin chin!
Okole maluna!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Vodka and...

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Strawberry cream soda? That's a new one to me...

Can't go wrong with these sorts of mixers. Nice change from the norm...