Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Hockey!

Post by tomodon »

Yup, BMMS, that is the main attraction for me. Hordichuk and O'Brien are the best for Vancouver. I like watching the Archbishop Jordin Tootoo and Sean Avery too 'cause they like a fight. On non-fighting subjects, Canucks have won the last 8 of 9 (or summat) in the close fought West Conference! Well in.

What's this shit about teams trading their good players who are out of contract to get draft picks etc. A hockey mate of mine was drivelling on about it but I was drunk so didn't get it. If you're on the way out you ditch your best players for picks - that right?

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

tomodon wrote:What's this shit about teams trading their good players who are out of contract to get draft picks etc. A hockey mate of mine was drivelling on about it but I was drunk so didn't get it. If you're on the way out you ditch your best players for picks - that right?
Yeah sorta, see if a teams on a cup run they need good guys now, so they'll trade off good draft picks (long term gain) for an older experienced guy (short term gain). It benefits both.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Labatt_50 wrote: Yeah sorta, see if a teams on a cup run they need good guys now, so they'll trade off good draft picks (long term gain) for an older experienced guy (short term gain). It benefits both.
Ah, cheers Lab - so it's short-term gain to get these last-minute trades. Who's in that category this year then? Your suggestions will make me sound like I know what I'm on about with my Canadian hockey mates! I heard Ohlund would be traded if it looks like the Canucks are out of the play-offs but my knowledge doesn't really extend beyond this town...

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Flyers with a big win over the Capitals tonight. Hartnell had a phenomenal goal to tie it up. Ripped it top shelf over Theodore's glove. And Capitals defenseman Erskine gave a world-class "hockey handshake" to Scottie Upshall of the Flyers. THat was just plain dirty, and he should be suspended for a game, even though it was kind of funny. It's always funny when someone gets hit in the sack.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Labatt_50 wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:You can probably tell from my avatar for whom I root.

Cheers!
Hahaha, another good season this year. Gotta love how you guys can actually get tickets to games. Most Leaf fans I know have only ever seen the Leafs play in Buffalo, Detroit or Pittsburgh....and the Leafs suck, imagine if they became a good team.
Yeah, pretty ridiculous. We're definitely a spoiled bunch in MI, although with the economy the way it has been, that is a sole reason I've skipped gamed I could have attended this year.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Lots of trades today, obviously, since it was the deadline. Flyers lost Upshall and a 2nd round pick to get Carcillo. Salary cap move. Then we signed Kyle McLaren. That could be a big addition. Or a complete bust.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

tomodon wrote: Ah, cheers Lab - so it's short-term gain to get these last-minute trades. Who's in that category this year then? Your suggestions will make me sound like I know what I'm on about with my Canadian hockey mates! I heard Ohlund would be traded if it looks like the Canucks are out of the play-offs but my knowledge doesn't really extend beyond this town...
Sorry bud I been away for a bit, you boys are looking alright though.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Resident Asshole wrote: Yeah, pretty ridiculous. We're definitely a spoiled bunch in MI, although with the economy the way it has been, that is a sole reason I've skipped gamed I could have attended this year.
Yeah I hear ya. Most of the guys from my patch of southern Ontario are Red Wings or Leafs fans, so I just always found it funny how the good team couldn't fill seats while the shit team sold out every night.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Tonight I took the advice of you fine drunks and went to see a WHL game - the Vancouver Giants Vs Calgary Hitmen. Was billed as a great game 'cause they're both doing well. Despite having been in Canada for over 6 months now (shit, time flies) this was my first live hockey game! Vancouver got battered, 4-0. No proper fights. Still, on the plus side, they had Rickard's Red for quite cheap for an arena and it was the highest attendence of the year (14,500). Getting more and more into this sport...

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

tomodon wrote:Tonight I took the advice of you fine drunks and went to see a WHL game - the Vancouver Giants Vs Calgary Hitmen. Was billed as a great game 'cause they're both doing well. Despite having been in Canada for over 6 months now (shit, time flies) this was my first live hockey game! Vancouver got battered, 4-0. No proper fights. Still, on the plus side, they had Rickard's Red for quite cheap for an arena and it was the highest attendence of the year (14,500). Getting more and more into this sport...
I went to see the Calgary Flames play the Flyers in Philly on Thursday night. I do not remember ever seeing an NHL team play as poorly as the Flyers did that night. 4-0 after the 1st period, 5-1 final as the Flames just sat back for the 2nd and 3rd periods. At least my seats were right near a beerstand that sold Sierra Nevada.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Yeah! Play-offs. This is when it really gets serious so I hear. The Leafs aren't gonna be there unfortunately though. Go Canucks Go - all the way to the Cup.

Also, any recommendations from you drunk hockey fans for who to pick for my play-offs pool?

Shame the Leafs aren't in it...did I mention that already?

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

And just who is the best at the end of the regular season? That's right.
We're playing the Ducks.

GO SHARKS!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

There are some really good first round matchups.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

But whoever wins the Flyers-Crosby series will be in trouble in the second round because these two teams will beat the hell out of each other, and the winner will be too banged up to do much in the second round.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Playoffs start today bitches.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

I'm taking Rangers over Caps as my 1st round upset..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me