2011 NFL Season

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: 2011 NFL Season

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'm not talking about the temperature, I'm talking about the wind. This is the same place where Stu Miller was blown off the mound during an All Star Game and called for a balk. It used to carry batting cages away.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Chimneyfish wrote:Image
That's pretty much the way I see it too. I like the Saints over the 9ers, but the 9ers have proven me wrong all season.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

You're not the only one- they're 11-4-1 against the spread. More importantly, they're 7-0-1 ATS at home.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Tebow does it again...overtime win against the Steelers.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

peetie44 wrote:Tebow does it again...overtime win against the Steelers.

See? Last week was the montage scene, and now Timmy's won the big game.
Will they win Saturday? No. They will get thumped. This movie is over. However, in next year's sequel, I see all kinds of cheesy 1980's sports movie drama happening when Denver and New England meet in the AFC championship. You know, kinda like Major League 2.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:I'm not talking about the temperature, I'm talking about the wind. This is the same place where Stu Miller was blown off the mound during an All Star Game and called for a balk. It used to carry batting cages away.
I went to a few baseball games at Candlestick, back in the day, but that was in the summertime...YIKES!!?!

I can only imagine a football game at the Stick in January.

waahoohah wrote:
peetie44 wrote:Tebow does it again...overtime win against the Steelers.

See? Last week was the montage scene, and now Timmy's won the big game.
Will they win Saturday? No. They will get thumped. This movie is over. However, in next year's sequel, I see all kinds of cheesy 1980's sports movie drama happening when Denver and New England meet in the AFC championship. You know, kinda like Major League 2.
You know what's hilarious? Listening to all the talking heads who smugly put Tebow down when he struggles try to rationalize away the fact that the guy's a winner. Sure, he needs to hone his QB skills but his team plays hard behind him and he finds a way to get it done. And while I can't honestly see the Broncos beating NE on their field, if the Denver defense can get to Brady early and hit him hard...who knows?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Who dat? Who dat?

SF 49ers...dat's who.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

The 49ers are probably going to the Super Bowl.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Who's got it better than us? NOBODY!
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I just realized now that the Packers are out of it, no matter what happens, I'm looking forward to the Superbowl!
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Gives me chills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFa2yRu7ZQ

I complain about Candlestick when I'm there, but it's going to be a sad day when it goes.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:Gives me chills:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFa2yRu7ZQ

I complain about Candlestick when I'm there, but it's going to be a sad day when it goes.
I've never been a Niners fan but I'm pulling for them the rest of the way this season. Top-shelf coaching and a team that plays efficient, mistake-free football.

Harbaugh's team, with Smith at QB, reminds me a bit of the 1972 "perfect season" Miami Dolphins, with Bob Griese at QB (btw...I was at the Fin's 1973 SB VII win vs Washington...the one where Garo Yepremian tried to throw a pass after a muffed FG snap :^).

SF doesn't quite have the powerhouse running game that Miami had with Csonka, Morris and Kiick but there isn't any glaring weaknesses anywhere on that team.

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Bal +7.5 (NE wins a tough, close game)

SF -2.5 (I refuse to bet against this 49ers team again)

NE v SF in Super Bowl

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

The Giants had a -6 total point differential this season. The 49ers' was +151. NY played a much tougher schedule, but if the 49ers screw up bad on Sunday and if the Giants go on to win the Super Bowl then they will be the first team to ever do so after giving up more points than they scored.