Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Re: Hockey!

Post by Rip Rufus »

I hate to sound like a typical whiny Philly fan, but the Flyers-Penguins game was terrible last night. Granted, the Flyers played like garbage. The Pens defense looked good for once. But some of the penalties against the Flyers were terrible calls, and the first Penguins goal was kicked in. But since it was Cindy Crosby who kicked it in, it counts. If any other player (except maybe Malkin and Ovechkin) would have scored it, it would not have counted. I hate to see the NHL become more NBA-like in letting the stars get away with breaking the rules (remember when travelling was against the rules for everyone in the NBA?). That's what you get for having a know-nothing weasel as Commissioner.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

Where the hell were the Sharks tonight? They weren't at the game, that's for sure.
Damn lazy bastards.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

ruiner wrote:Where the hell were the Sharks tonight? They weren't at the game, that's for sure.
Damn lazy bastards.
Sorry. That was me.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

ruiner wrote:Where the hell were the Sharks tonight? They weren't at the game, that's for sure.
Damn lazy bastards.
They better show up soon, don't want to go on the road down 2 games. Sharks gotta shake the playoff rep they have.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

No kidding. It's a fucking joke at this point.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Labatt_50 wrote:They better show up soon, don't want to go on the road down 2 games.
Going on the road two games up is better, like the Canucks. The way Luongo is playing, this could be over in four. Great atmosphere downtown tonight.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Next year they are changing the name of the team to "Luongo and the Vanouver Canucks"
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

A big game 4 for the Flyers and Pens, and I won't be able to watch it. Instead I have to go referee a couple Men's League games for cash. This is why I always have a portable radio in the car, so I can have the Flyers game on the radio.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

tomodon wrote:
Labatt_50 wrote:They better show up soon, don't want to go on the road down 2 games.
Going on the road two games up is better, like the Canucks. The way Luongo is playing, this could be over in four. Great atmosphere downtown tonight.
Sweep, fucking right. Hopefully though the canucks don't lose momentum with too many days off.

The other night my buddy was watching a versus game on the internet, fuck I feel for you Americans, the shitpump talking over the play kept going on about basketball. Try to find some Hockey Night in Canada online, it's well worth it.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Labatt_50 wrote:
tomodon wrote: Going on the road two games up is better, like the Canucks. The way Luongo is playing, this could be over in four. Great atmosphere downtown tonight.
Sweep, fucking right. Hopefully though the canucks don't lose momentum with too many days off.

The other night my buddy was watching a versus game on the internet, fuck I feel for you Americans, the shitpump talking over the play kept going on about basketball. Try to find some Hockey Night in Canada online, it's well worth it.
The days off for the Canucks might be a good thing - get Sundin back, rest Bobby Lu's 'special area' and get Salo fit again. Hope we avoid the Redwings in the next round though. Anaheim looking good to beat the top-seeded Sharks (sorry Crystal).

Agree on Hockey Night in Canada - it's bob on!

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:I hate to sound like a typical whiny Philly fan, but the Flyers-Penguins game was terrible last night. Granted, the Flyers played like garbage. The Pens defense looked good for once. But some of the penalties against the Flyers were terrible calls, and the first Penguins goal was kicked in. But since it was Cindy Crosby who kicked it in, it counts. If any other player (except maybe Malkin and Ovechkin) would have scored it, it would not have counted. I hate to see the NHL become more NBA-like in letting the stars get away with breaking the rules (remember when travelling was against the rules for everyone in the NBA?). That's what you get for having a know-nothing weasel as Commissioner.
The Carter penalty in Game 2 was garbage, and the Sidney kick in was garbage, but the fact of the matter is that the Flyers let the Penguins score 5 unanswered goals, and they allow teams to come unmolested into their zone night after night. They need more hard-checking defensive intensity, and they need a playoff-caliber goalie.

Fleury is just that fucking good, people.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:I hate to sound like a typical whiny Philly fan, but the Flyers-Penguins game was terrible last night. Granted, the Flyers played like garbage. The Pens defense looked good for once. But some of the penalties against the Flyers were terrible calls, and the first Penguins goal was kicked in. But since it was Cindy Crosby who kicked it in, it counts. If any other player (except maybe Malkin and Ovechkin) would have scored it, it would not have counted. I hate to see the NHL become more NBA-like in letting the stars get away with breaking the rules (remember when travelling was against the rules for everyone in the NBA?). That's what you get for having a know-nothing weasel as Commissioner.
The Carter penalty in Game 2 was garbage, and the Sidney kick in was garbage, but the fact of the matter is that the Flyers let the Penguins score 5 unanswered goals, and they allow teams to come unmolested into their zone night after night. They need more hard-checking defensive intensity, and they need a playoff-caliber goalie.

Fleury is just that fucking good, people.
The Penguins outplayed the Flyers. Fleury especially. Oh well. There's always next year...

By the way, did anyone see the fan sitting behind the Rangers bench last night? There was a guy wearing a poncho to keep the rain off him. A great joke after what Rangers' coach Tortorella (aka the Fonz) did in game 5 of that series.

Diabetic Daredevil
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Diabetic Daredevil »

Good to see there is still some hockey interest on this board. Also glad the Pens won. Chirst it has been forever. Philly gave me a friggin heart attack though.
It's okay. He's just admiring the shape of your skull. - Dr. Gonzo

Ow, my left nut! - Doug McKenzie

BILL BRASKY!!!!!!!

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

You've got to give it to the Blackhawks - they don't know when they're beaten. Still fancy the Canucks to go through though.

Sundin is still a let-down. I bet Luongo will get clattered again early doors in the first game in Chicago...

Do the supporters of the Leafs / Habs etc get behind the last Canadian team in the play-offs when their own teams are out?

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

tomodon wrote:Do the supporters of the Leafs / Habs etc get behind the last Canadian team in the play-offs when their own teams are out?

Some do, depends. Some people don't see it as nation vs nation since half the players on every team are Canadian anyways. There are a lot of Hawks, Red Wings, Penguins, Flyers and other US based teams fans from Canada. It also depends who is on the team, guys I know cheer for the Ducks because local boys play for them. Just off hand at work I know for sure there are flyers, pens, wings, ducks, sabres, blues, capitals and bruins fans.