2010 NFL Season

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: 2010 NFL Season

Post by peetie44 »

What I don't get about the McNabb trade was (besides being in the div) that Philly only got a 2nd round pick and a conditional (3rd or 4th round) pick for him.

Washington owner Dan Snyder is known for overpaying for former All-Pro talent and getting taken advantage of in trades. Reid should've gotten more for D-Mac. I guess Bruce Allen, Snyder's first "official" GM in years, is being allowed to handle trades.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Yeah I thought that was strange too. I figured he'd be worth more. I guess he's not as valuable to the Redskins without the weapons around him he had in Philly. Also I think I heard that his contract is almost up.

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

Rumor has it Jason Taylor is on the verge of signing with the Jets. Notable "villain" with Jets fans, it would be weird seeing him in green and white. I hope we get him though, that would be sweet.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

As the past 20 years have shown the Redskins clearly have an eye for exceptional quarterbacks.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Donovan McNabb on the trade:

"Sometimes change is better," McNabb said. "Sometimes you're forced into change."
Attachments
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (24.21 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Also consider the Redskins RB stable:
Willie Parker, Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis..

Unfortunately they have NO ONE to block for these guys..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

I'll miss you, pallie.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

fiyah wrote:Also consider the Redskins RB stable:

Yup, with those guys and McNabb they are a lock to win the 2006 NFC East.
(I stole that joke from somewhere but I can't remember.
I'll miss you, pallie.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:
fiyah wrote:Also consider the Redskins RB stable:

Yup, with those guys and McNabb they are a lock to win the 2006 NFC East.
(I stole that joke from somewhere but I can't remember.
Can't stop Bo Jackson in Super Tecmo Bowl!!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

That's perfect.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick.. That's a steal.. Jets are loading up this offseason..

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nic the chick »

fiyah wrote:Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 5th round pick.. That's a steal.. Jets are loading up this offseason..
we thought that's what they were up to last season, but no... their golden boy was a waste of energy.
For a forreal party, you needs to be takin a mirror off of the wall and shit.
~anonymous

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Damn, Roger Goodell is fucking Roethlisberger harder than Big Ben did any sorority girl. I guess all the history of false rape allegations against professional athletes isn't a lesson. If he were to actually get charged with rape then I'm all for him serving a long stint in the shop. But the NFL is talking about fining him even despite of all the charges being dropped due to a lack of evidence.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:Damn, Roger Goodell is fucking Roethlisberger harder than Big Ben did any sorority girl. I guess all the history of false rape allegations against professional athletes isn't a lesson. If he were to actually get charged with rape then I'm all for him serving a long stint in the shop. But the NFL is talking about fining him even despite of all the charges being dropped due to a lack of evidence.
I would be surprised if Ben lost any games but I suspect he'll be fined for being a 2-time, Super Bowl-winning QB who put himself in such a situation in the first place. Right or fair will have nothing to do with it; the image of the league, which has taken a nice-sized media hit over this, and sending a message to the rest of the players will. Besides, how often does ol' Roger get to stick it to a top QB?

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Adam Jones, Chris Henry, Plaxico Burress, Leonard Little..

Roger Goodell's #1 task after taking the commissioner role was to clean up the image of the NFL and its players.. When you think about the NFL in a societal light, in the eyes of young kids these players are comparable to comic book characters- superheroes and rolemodels.. When these kids are given a chance to emulate Pacman's alleged shooting of a bouncer and "making it rain" in Vegas, that doesn't really set a good example.. To more mature audiences, the NFL is releasing these insta-millionaires with teenage maturity levels on their city.. It's Russian roulette using C4 instead of a bullet..

Regarding Big Ben- I could see a one game suspension.. Rape allegations are a serious matter, even moreso for a Super Bowl winning QB that the town of Pittsburgh nearly worships.. He's a 28-yr old focal point of a huge marketing franchise.. Time to start behaving more responsibly..