Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Hockey!

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:6 wins in a row for the Flyers. Just took care of the Hurricanes 3-1. Simon Gagne is playing great hockey, 2 goals and an assist in the win tonight.
That's what I'm talking about!
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:6 wins in a row for the Flyers. Just took care of the Hurricanes 3-1. Simon Gagne is playing great hockey, 2 goals and an assist in the win tonight.
That's what I'm talking about!
Annnnnnnd then they lose two in a row ...
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Tonight's Flyers game vs. the Sakic-less Colorado Avalanche. I'll be in section 206. First regular season game for me this year - can't wait! Hopefully the Avs are tired after a tough game in Detroit last night, followed by the flight to Philly in shitty weather.

edit - by the way, section 206 is right next to the Yuengling stand on the concourse!
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Rip Rufus wrote:Tonight's Flyers game vs. the Sakic-less Colorado Avalanche. I'll be in section 206. First regular season game for me this year - can't wait! Hopefully the Avs are tired after a tough game in Detroit last night, followed by the flight to Philly in shitty weather.

edit - by the way, section 206 is right next to the Yuengling stand on the concourse!
They beat the Wings, so maybe the Avs are learning how to cope without Snowblower Joe. But, much as I hate to say it, a hangover game is likely.
Drink one for me.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Um, yup. Avs got thrashed.
Umm, hey, how bout that, whatever team from Denver that doesn't quite suck right now, right? GO THEM!
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

waahoohah wrote:Um, yup. Avs got thrashed.
Umm, hey, how bout that, whatever team from Denver that doesn't quite suck right now, right? GO THEM!
Great game for the Flyers. BUt I was a little disappointed - the Yuengling stand is no more! There was no Yuengling in the whole building, so I had to drink Sierra Nevada instead.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

So Sundin finally made up his mind to join the Canucks having chosen the massive pay packet over living in New York. Leaves me wondering though, would you really want a player on your team who isn't 100% committed to your team?

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

tomodon wrote:So Sundin finally made up his mind to join the Canucks having chosen the massive pay packet over living in New York. Leaves me wondering though, would you really want a player on your team who isn't 100% committed to your team?
That's what we call a "Rent-A-Player". He's there for a paycheck. And remember - the players get bonuses for going deep into the playoffs, and of course a bigger bonus for winning the Cup. But I'm not sure Sundin was all about the paycheck - I believe he feels that the 'nucks have a chance at the Cup, and he can play with some other Swedes (especially the Sedins).

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Yup, suppose you get mercenaries in every sport. When I heard that Sundin was waiting to see if Luongo's injury was as bad as it seemed before he signed I suppose I just thought that shows he's only out for himself. If he helps the Canucks get to the payoffs I'm sure all will be forgiven.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Ya know, hockey is something I just never really got into, which is weird considering I went to high school in North Dakota and we had like 3 days off for hockey finals. Maybe it has to do with my formative years being spent in the south east, maybe it's because in high school all the hockey players were jerks, maybe it's me being anti-pro sports, who knows.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

The spengler cups on, the world juniors is on, regular NHL is going and I got 3 40s of rye ready to go. What a great time of year.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Why the hell are Kazakhstan in the world juniors? Just seems really random. You'd expect Canada, the US, Russia, Scandinavia etc but Kazakhstan? It's niiiiiiiiiice, high 5.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

tomodon wrote:Why the hell are Kazakhstan in the world juniors? Just seems really random. You'd expect Canada, the US, Russia, Scandinavia etc but Kazakhstan? It's niiiiiiiiiice, high 5.

15-0 baby. It's like the year France got in, they have to change the groups or somthing. Next up is Germany which is gonna be another push over, then the USA on New Years Eve which will be a great game.

old crow
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by old crow »

BRUINS!

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Well in. A Canadian win. 7-4! Gutted I didn't see it. Can you belive the B.C. liqour stores closed at 6pm tonight. Fucking shite. Lucky we found off-sales place. Legs like pendulums now. The hot knife maybe.

7-4 in the juniors though. Canada show the yanks how it's done, hey?