Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Hockey!

Post by tomodon »

WTF man - this is getting beyond a joke! grrr

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

You've gotta be kidding me: "Sharks' McLellan says Niemi will start in Game 6"

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Wow, Vancouver once again chokes. And after killing everyone all season.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Resident Asshole wrote:Wow, Vancouver once again chokes. And after killing everyone all season.
you mean Vancoker

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Resident Asshole

Chimneyfish wrote:Awesome
I'll tell you what's awesome is the series coming back to Michigan where we actually have decent ice. IIRC, the last two NHL games cancelled were at San Jose because of their shitty ice. I could actually tell it was crappy in Game 2. Wings back home, will win tonight.
Bourbon is my blood.

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

But does your ice split open to show Ryane Clowe video clips? I don't care how crappy it is as long as it's all ending up in Howard's face.

The Sharks have won four of the last five games in Detroit and 10 of the last 12 against the Redwings overall. I'm not exactly on the edge of my barstool over this series. Should be as easy as it was last year.

Resident Asshole

Chimneyfish wrote:I'm not exactly on the edge of my barstool over this series. Should be as easy as it was last year.
Don't know how long you've been watching hockey but you should never say things like that in the playoffs. You might as well say you are going to shut us out. I have played for years and watched for years, when you have people like Datsyuk, Lidstrom and Franzen on your team you aren't ever considered out of the game.
Bourbon is my blood.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'm not superstitious. Me predicting the Sharks to win the series has no more effect on reality than saying "Wings will win tonight" would cause them to lose tonight.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Kesler is doing amazing. Where are the Sedins? SJ next if they don't Blackhawks it up

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I'm no hockey guy but i just watched the 3rd perioid of the sharks-red wings game and it was entertaining as all hell.

and since i spent 5 yewars in ann arbor i say let's go red wings.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

David Fleming wrote:Although I'm aware that more than likely it's physically impossible, I still believe that during the second period of Tuesday night's Red Wings-Sharks Game 6 I managed to go the first 13 minutes, 32 seconds without taking a breath.

Even now, I'm still not sure exactly how to describe what I saw: It was relentless, frantic and exhilarating; the skill and speed was mesmerizing; I saw sea creatures flying, bodies flipping, sticks splintering, fillings loosening and wave after glorious wave of breathtakingly violent action.

In other words, it was just another typical night of the NHL playoffs. Have you been watching this?

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Fucking Sharks. Playoff Choke Artists. We should have swept the series. Now it's down to Game 7. What a joke. I am so upset about this.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Resident Asshole

Even though San Jose was up 3-0 this series has been ultra close. Every game was decided by one goal if you exclude the empty netter in the last game. I will say though that if the Wings play like they did on Tuesday they will win, even being on the road.

Niemi has been amazing, but you just can't stop 40 shots without letting some in. At least I hope not, lol.
Bourbon is my blood.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Crystal wrote:Fucking Sharks. Playoff Choke Artists. We should have swept the series. Now it's down to Game 7. What a joke. I am so upset about this.
Bay Area Sports: Torture.