Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Hockey!

Post by tomodon »

First off, I know I'm new to this game but felt bad for Luc Bourdon's family and always horrible to see one go so young. Here's to him.

To the game - 6-0 to the 'nucks. Fuckin' great opening game of the season. Apart from when CBC decided to go to an ad break just as a team fight was breaking out after a Calgary player punched Luongo. In steamed the Great Dane and delivered a few good punches whilst the TV audience were hearing about how fresh Tim Horton's food is and I was getting another beer. How did everone else's teams get on?

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Typical Philadelphia shit. We can only have one team playing well at any given time, and it sure as hell isn't the Flyers. I'm happy as hell the Phillies are headed to the Series, but can't the Flyers at least when a game at the same time?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Rip Rufus wrote:Typical Philadelphia shit. We can only have one team playing well at any given time, and it sure as hell isn't the Flyers. I'm happy as hell the Phillies are headed to the Series, but can't the Flyers at least when a game at the same time?
Hey, at least the Avs got their first win and Big Joe got 3 assists. This is prol his last season, so let's get it together boys.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Time to break out the Red Wings sweater!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

FNZ wrote:Time to break out the Red Wings sweater!
I didn't think Red Wings fan came out until the Playoffs...
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Rip Rufus wrote:
That's most of them, but not me.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:Typical Philadelphia shit. We can only have one team playing well at any given time, and it sure as hell isn't the Flyers. I'm happy as hell the Phillies are headed to the Series, but can't the Flyers at least when a game at the same time?
Flyers can't win a game ...
Eagles are just breaking even ...

Like, are you kidding me?

See, I'm going to cross-post this thread and in the MLB playoffs thread, to respond to JT's post about Cleveland's drought.
Because Cleveland is 3 times smaller than Philadelphia, in city-population and metropolitan area-population.
Plus Philly has every single major sport.
Hockey,
Football,
Baseball,
and Basketball

Not two. Not three. And not multiple teams.
Just one for each.

And they just pick you up to bring you down.
Again and again.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Rip Rufus wrote:
That must be why the Canucks beat 'em the other night! Maybe they were tired from meeting the outgoing child president.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Hockey rink trivia:

http://www.zamboni.com/story/story.html

I grew up (Norwalk CA), @ 5miles from the "Iceland" skating rink (can you believe the "Zamboni" was invented in SoCal?!), and met old man Zamboni when I was in high school. I believe(?) the original 1947 machine is still (at least, it used to be) behind a chain-link fence in the back of "Iceland".

Btw, in the L.A. Kings first season (1967), at the brand-new "Fabulous Forum", the most expensive (front-row) seats cost $6.00!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

peetie44[Bottle] wrote:Hockey rink trivia:

http://www.zamboni.com/story/story.html

I grew up (Norwalk CA), @ 5miles from the "Iceland" skating rink (can you believe the "Zamboni" was invented in SoCal?!), and met old man Zamboni when I was in high school. I believe(?) the original 1947 machine is still (at least, it used to be) behind a chain-link fence in the back of "Iceland".

Btw, in the L.A. Kings first season (1967), at the brand-new "Fabulous Forum", the most expensive (front-row) seats cost $6.00!
You knew the real Zamboni?
I now have a sort of respect for you
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

cornbread714 wrote:
You knew the real Zamboni?
I now have a sort of respect for you
I didn't know him, but I met him. He was Mr. Zamboni and he owned the only ice skating rink I remember in SoCal from when I was a kid.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

I want to drive the Zamboni...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9HgXLa ... re=related

On real hockey news, my Flyers just took 2 straight from the NJ Devils, and are beginning to play real good hockey. Great game today, lots of hitting, 3 or 4 fights, and the Flyers scored in over time. Off to the bar shortly to watch the Phils beat the Rays in the silly sport with the bats and balls.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Rip Rufus wrote:I want to drive the Zamboni...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9HgXLa ... re=related
Gosh, I sure hope no one got PAID in the making of that song and video...

(Jeebuz, I'm not a sports fan hardly at all - maybe I better get my ass outta here before somebody fucks me up)
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

The greatest hockey song ever, by the late great Warren Zevon. With additional vocals by Dve Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qs67Ec ... re=related

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Rip Rufus wrote:The greatest hockey song ever, by the late great Warren Zevon. With additional vocals by Dve Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qs67Ec ... re=related
Buddy, that is my song really, like thats my hockey playing life..... however I must disagree, the greatest hockey song ever is either the hockey night in Canada theme, pre CBC gay ass fuck up or stompin tom's "the hockey song".