Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Re: Hockey!

Post by Rip Rufus »

tomodon wrote:You've got to give it to the Blackhawks - they don't know when they're beaten. Still fancy the Canucks to go through though.
We may find that out tonight - facing elimination. I am hoping the 'nucks can come back and win though; my buddy is a Blackhawks fan and he cheered when my Flyers lost, so I want his team eliminated.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I'm betting on the Wings to eliminate the Sucks tonight.

Chicago looks good, but I think the Wings experience will overwhelm them. We also have superior defense and IMO Khabi is a choke artist.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

The conference finals are set! We have an Original Six battle in the West between the Detroit and Chicago. And in the East its the Carolina Hurricanes against the Pittsburgh Crosby's.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I thought I'd posted on this, but I guess I didn't.

Sidney Crosby gave a press conference after Ovechkin's hat trick complaining that the Washington fans had thrown too too many hats onto the ice.

No, seriously.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBs1SCgfFJg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1-aihcj ... re=related

See? Fact.

So what I wonder is, can anyone finish the following sentence?
Try as you might ...
"Sidney Crosby isn't the biggest pussy faggot baby in hockey because .........................."

Go ahead. Give it a try.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:I thought I'd posted on this, but I guess I didn't.

Sidney Crosby gave a press conference after Ovechkin's hat trick complaining that the Washington fans had thrown too too many hats onto the ice.

No, seriously.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBs1SCgfFJg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1-aihcj ... re=related

See? Fact.

So what I wonder is, can anyone finish the following sentence?
Try as you might ...
"Sidney Crosby isn't the biggest pussy faggot baby in hockey because .........................."

Go ahead. Give it a try.
But...but...but Pittsburgh is the model NHL franchise, and Cindy is the captain, therefore he must be best player in the world!

Honestly, as much as I hate Crosby, he is a symptom, not the disease. The worst thing the NHL ever did was hire Gary Bettman as commissioner.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote: Honestly, as much as I hate Crosby, he is a symptom, not the disease. The worst thing the NHL ever did was hire Gary Bettman as commissioner.
He wants to make hockey into some sort of soccer/basketball game on ice.

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote: Honestly, as much as I hate Crosby, he is a symptom, not the disease. The worst thing the NHL ever did was hire Gary Bettman as commissioner.
I can not find the words to express my dislike for Bettman. If there is one thing almost all Canadian fans are united in it is hatred for that guy. Hockey is not basketball, it is not gonna become basketball. You guys are not gonna become a nation of rabid hockey fans and abandon baseball, football and basketball. Fuck expansion. The north-east, upper midwest and California seem to be the spots in the USA where people actually like hockey.

Fuck Crosby too, I'm sick of seeing that whiny bitches face on all sort of commercials, they want kids to be like that goof? Years ago when he was with Rimouski Oceanic he was gonna come down to London and show the Knights how to play hockey in the Memorial Cup. Oceanic lost 4-0. Don Cherry had a good rant about diving and comparing it to soccer players, I'll see if I can find it.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Labatt_50 wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:
I can not find the words to express my dislike for Bettman. If there is one thing almost all Canadian fans are united in it is hatred for that guy. Hockey is not basketball, it is not gonna become basketball. You guys are not gonna become a nation of rabid hockey fans and abandon baseball, football and basketball. Fuck expansion. The north-east, upper midwest and California seem to be the spots in the USA where people actually like hockey.

Fuck Crosby too, I'm sick of seeing that whiny bitches face on all sort of commercials, they want kids to be like that goof? Years ago when he was with Rimouski Oceanic he was gonna come down to London and show the Knights how to play hockey in the Memorial Cup. Oceanic lost 4-0. Don Cherry had a good rant about diving and comparing it to soccer players, I'll see if I can find it.
So I'm not the only one who thinks that hockey should revel in its "4th sport" status, solidify its rabid fans and celebrate its cult following, and that it should only be played in places where ice occurs naturally?

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

coqui_chris wrote:So I'm not the only one who thinks that hockey should revel in its "4th sport" status, solidify its rabid fans and celebrate its cult following, and that it should only be played in places where ice occurs naturally?
For the States that would be the plan for me. Stop pouring money into franchises where they have to give away thousands of tickets to even get fans in the seats and stop trying to change the game to get more people into it. I love the "well if my team won the cup every year more people would come" argument, it isn't going to happen, you should get markets where people show up no matter how the teams doing.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Labatt_50 wrote: I can not find the words to express my dislike for Bettman. If there is one thing almost all Canadian fans are united in it is hatred for that guy.
At Trevor Linden's jersey-retirement ceremony this year, the announcer made the mistake (or was it) of introducing Bettman to the crowd in Vancouver and he was roundly booed.

Still gutted it's over for this year though :(

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

He gets booed every time he steps on the ice for any reason. All-Star games, charity events, etc. Wait until he comes out to present the Cup after the winner is decided. Unless the Pens win it in Pittsburgh, Bettman will most likely get booed.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Go WINGS!!! I want to see tonight's game look just like the first one!

Also, fuck Bettman. If it wasn't for the instigator rule I would have already beaten him up. Or something like that.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Since Detroit has a better shot of defeating the the 'Hawks would, I have to root for Detroit. Like I've said before - I'm purley rooting against the Pens, not for the 'Canes. If the Pens win the Cup, I'm done with the NHL. Can I watch Swedish league games live online somewhere?

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Yeah, I'm going for the Red Wings too. I'm new to this sport but Crosby seems a bit too clean cut - a bit like Beckham was. Prefer Ovechkin - more personality.

Malkin is keeping me alive in the hockey pool though.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Resident Asshole wrote:Go WINGS!!! I want to see tonight's game look just like the first one!

Also, fuck Bettman. If it wasn't for the instigator rule I would have already beaten him up. Or something like that.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! GAYEST RULE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1