Fishing

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Fishing

Post by Surreal »

I resemble that remark...

fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Hmmmm, salmon and Hollandaise sauce. Good salmon, good fishy.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Craptastic
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Craptastic »

About time Surreal. Very nice - and as I view the adipose fin I wonder if the flow you are on is hatchery enhanced, or you are lucky enough to have a wild stock that don't mind artificial offerings.

Do tell, cork soaker!

Most of the hatchery steel/coho/chinook have the adipose fin cut off in this Canadian province. But believe it or not, there are fawks who, after catching there intended target, will cut off the adipose just to keep the fish. Must be hungry fishers out there.

So question for ya - do you run longlead or splitshot on your setup? I'm a spitshot runner, as i always thought the longleads made too much noise when running along the shallower spots and became ineffective.

For instance, when your dealing with shallow flows that only hold wild fish (and we are talking about 50 in a winter season) ..............

And then the larger flows that actually HAVE hatchery enhanced steel on them...

And some from a few seasons ago - when the 2005 winter season was the best we've seen it....

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

We get both hatchery/adipose clipped steel and wild naturally reproducing steel. Both will take a swung fly or a yarn egg/nymph.

that fish was caught on a pin. I tend to taper split shot from the float to the fly for pinning. The only time I run pencil-lead is when we're bottom bouncing a twin fly rig in faster water. I haven't done it in a while as I've been having more fun on the swing and running indicator/float rigs with pins and fly rods.
- Hoss

Craptastic
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Craptastic »

Surreal wrote: The only time I run pencil-lead is when we're bottom bouncing a twin fly rig in faster water.
Sadly, we can't run twin rigs anywhere here, but have noticed some do have use the dropper fly method when they know the local conservation officer is in the bar.

Keep it coming with the steel pictures, Surreal.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

shoot, i ain't never had no twin rig run up my adipose fin. wet your hands first!

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

bluebottle wrote:shoot, i ain't never had no twin rig run up my adipose fin. wet your hands first!
You gotta pay extra for that.
- Hoss

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Surreal wrote:
bluebottle wrote:shoot, i ain't never had no twin rig run up my adipose fin. wet your hands first!
You gotta pay extra for that.
There's also a size limit...anything under 12" gets thrown back.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Surreal wrote:that fish was caught on a pin. I tend to taper split shot from the float to the fly for pinning. The only time I run pencil-lead is when we're bottom bouncing a twin fly rig in faster water. I haven't done it in a while as I've been having more fun on the swing and running indicator/float rigs with pins and fly rods.

english only at the table.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

Glad I'm not the only one who felt like I was reading a foreign language. I don't like to touch the fish, but I'll sit in the boat with you northern bitches and talk some shit with you - I'll even bring you a beer if you're trying to reel in a big'un.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Mother Goose wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who felt like I was reading a foreign language. I don't like to touch the fish, but I'll sit in the boat with you northern bitches and talk some shit with you - I'll even bring you a beer if you're trying to reel in a big'un.
They would make you touch the fish
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

essox lucius!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Hello, nice to see some others who like to get a line wet while tipping a few. My preferred method is drinking around a campfire on the banks of the Susquehanna
River with some lines in the water, occasionally we'll pull some Catties up.

Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

You're gonna fit in here just fine.

Cheers bud.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Chimneyfish wrote:You're gonna fit in here just fine.

Cheers bud.
Concur.

Great pics Patchez.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter