Olympic Hockey

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Olympic Hockey

Post by Two Hearted »

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Gonna be a good last period! 21:47 here in Stone Henge country. Hockey on the BBC - love it. Luuuuuuuu!

slipperyyoke
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slipperyyoke »

Holy shit.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

USA USA USA!
I'll miss you, pallie.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

HOLY SHIT! Nice goal in the last 24 freakin' seconds USA!
AWESOME game!
OVERTIME--C'mon CANADA!
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

24 seconds to go... Over-time. Pick yourselves up Canada!

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

WOO HOO! CANADA GETS THE GOLD!

FANTASTIC GAME!!!
--Smatter

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

hell of a game! can't be too upset with the silver, under the circumstances.

looks like we should drink some canadian whiskey tonight....
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

slipperyyoke

Post by slipperyyoke »

Congrats on the Gold Canada. I don't care who you were cheering for, that was a fucking great game!
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

slipperyyoke wrote: I don't care who you were cheering for, that was a fucking great game!
Absolutely - that was an amazing game and a great way to end the Vancouver Olympics. Wish I was drinking on Granville Street tonight...

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Wingman wrote:hell of a game! can't be too upset with the silver, under the circumstances.

That's where I'll have to disagree with you.

Its one thing to lose in a well-played, hard-fought game ...

But its another thing for the winning goal to have been scored by that little faggot Sidney Crosby!
And that is most certainly NOT ok
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Wingman wrote:hell of a game! can't be too upset with the silver, under the circumstances.

That's where I'll have to disagree with you.

Its one thing to lose in a well-played, hard-fought game ...

But its another thing for the winning goal to have been scored by that little faggot Sidney Crosby!
And that is most certainly NOT ok
I was sitting on the couch at the start of overtime praying that anyone but Crosby would score. If Canada won, but Richards or Pronger had the winner, that would have been cool. Any USA player would have been awesome.

God damn it. ANYBODY BUT CROSBY. FUCK!
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Having lived for awhile in Canada, I don't mind that they won the gold; it was great to see the home team's fans celebrating. Gordie Howe, Gretzky, Steve Yzerman (those were just the ones I noticed); a lot of the past greats were in attendance and it was cool to see how amped they were. But we beat them a game earlier and this U.S. team proved it can play with anybody. The comeback and tying goal with 24secs left was awesome.

Congratulations, Canada -- and thanks for hosting a great Winter Olympics.

**clink**
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I know nothing of hockey. Just curious, why all the hate for Sydney Crosby?

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

JohnnyTequila wrote:I know nothing of hockey. Just curious, why all the hate for Sydney Crosby?
I'm sure Coqui_Chris will agree and further my explanation, and probably say it better, but here is some of the reasons so many hockey fans hate Crosby:
- he is constantly being marketed as the Golden Boy of the NHL. The NHL has all their marketing eggs in one basket, so to speak. very few other players get any mention at all.
- He plays for Pittsburgh. A couple years ago they were the worst team in the league. Then they stock up on 1st overall draft picks, and suddenly they are the band-wagoners team of choice.
- He has a tendency to whine and cry to the refs, and dive. And punch people in the balls during a fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wqR17KrLKw (about :50 into the clip)
- He actually is a phenomenal player. Which makes it all even more annoying.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.