2011 NFL Season

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

2011 NFL Season

Post by peetie44 »

Lions, Baby!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: 2011 NFL Season

Post by Oggar »

They look like they're finally for real. I picked them second in the division this year behind the Bears. When I watched Stafford for the first time all I could think was "Wow! That kid is good." Honestly if he stays healthy they could actually win the division. Meanwhile, as a Vikings fan I am staring down what looks like a 4-12 or 3-13 season- that maybe the last the Vikes spend in Minnesota.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

IMHO, the defensive line is the difference. They make life easier for the Lions' average/decent linebackers and secondary. This in turn means that QB Stafford isn't playing 3 TDs down by the middle of the 2nd quarter, when everybody knows he's gotta throw the ball to catch up. Now the Lions can play a more balanced offense.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I think I have slipped through a wormhole and been transported to an alternate universe. One in which the Detroit Lions win games by the score of 48-3.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Oggar wrote:I picked them second in the division this year behind the Bears.
Somebody should have reminded you that the Packers play in that division.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

The Packers didn't win the division last year, no reason to think that just because they won the Superbowl means they will this year. Since you live in CA I'll guess you're not used to seeing these teams bust up one another's records and spoiling each other's playoff bids. The Packer's and the Lion's do have to have the same concern about their QB's being injury prone though and one of those guys going down will tank either team. Rodgers is concussion prone and Stafford has had shoulder problems, games either QB misses will cost those teams games. The Bears are a wash at QB you never know which Cutler is going to show up and my Vikes... are putting new tires on another old car and hoping for the best.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

The carrier pigeons we use to get our sports information here in California do get crossed up at times, but I'd still rather play the percentages and put my money on the Packers finishing ahead of the Lions in the division. I don't doubt that anything is possible, but I'm interested in what's probable. I'm also eager to see them play a team that isn't the Bucs or the Chiefs.

perfectly pickled
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by perfectly pickled »

yeah, considering what happened to the chiefs in week 1 and by who, the only thing KC will be winning this year is the rights to andrew lucks signature.
the biggest surprise for me so far has been cam newton & ryan fitzpatrick - who saw them scoring like that?. new england will put a halt to buffalo's good start, but I reckon newton will get his first win v jacksonville. funny how some teams have seemed to cope with the lockout better than others.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Down 20-0 at the half, Lions come back to win in OT (26-23)...set up thanks to a GREAT catch by Calvin Johnson.

Oh, yeah...Mayhem must be happy today with the Bills beating the Patriots
Last edited by peetie44 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Niners new strategy: get the opposing team baked on Humboldt County weed right before the game.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Lions 3-0, Vikings 0-3. So I guess I'll have to ask the resident expert, what is it like to watch your team go winless for an entire season? Just so I can attempt to prepare myself.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Oggar wrote:Lions 3-0, Vikings 0-3. So I guess I'll have to ask the resident expert, what is it like to watch your team go winless for an entire season? Just so I can attempt to prepare myself.
The first few losses piss you off because you wonder how they're gonna salvage the season. Then, when they get to @0-8, you realize your team sucks. At @0-12, you've either a) given up on NFL football or b) you've begun to embrace the losing.

Unlike going 16-0, where the team was trying to win every game, no NFL team is trying to lose games -- which, IMHO, makes 0-16 a much more remarkable feat.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

About all I'm hoping for this year is for Denver to come from ahead, finish 1 - 15, and win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Dammit, I think they have a chance. Sure, that win against Cincinnati hurts, But the Bengals are dumb enough to rally behind Ginger Boy and win a couple games. The Broncos control their own fate against Kansas City, and the way they lost a very winnable game against the Titans makes me think they're gonna do it.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

peetie44 wrote:
Oh, yeah...Mayhem must be happy today with the Bills beating the Patriots
Practically apoplectic indeed!

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Oggar wrote:Lions 3-0, Vikings 0-3. So I guess I'll have to ask the resident expert, what is it like to watch your team go winless for an entire season? Just so I can attempt to prepare myself.
My advice is throw a little money on them to go winless. I would be retired if I had done that with the Lions. I actually did look at the line on it before the season started.

My former roomie moved back to Buffalo, so he and I are happy as me in a whiskey bar. The Lions are for real at this point, as are the Bills.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619