Playing Sports

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Playing Sports

Post by Mr. Viking »

What do you guys play. I'm not that big on watching sports, always preferred to play. I used to do field athletics (throwing things) but let it slide when I finished school. Cricket is a great game for drinking because nobody really notices if you disappear to the bar for a few minutes.

Mostly I play field hockey. It is a love hate relationship where I occasionally think I'm good when really I'm fat, wheezy and have terrible hand eye coordination. Took a year out and found life unbearable so had to start again. Funny how sports are like that. It is also one of the best excuses for gettting drunk; we win; we lose; get injured; play well; start season; middle season; end of season; all great excuses fully exploited
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Playing Sports

Post by Patchez »

Not really a sport but I play as much paintball as I can. I just love it. Adrenalin rush like nothing else I've played. Basically stopped hunting animals once I started hunting something that was hunting me back, people.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Basketball, soccer but only in pickup games, no club level and no weekly practice sessions. And it takes decades for me showing up at the playground again. Most often people ask me to come play on the weekends, silly idiots, on weekends I play professional drinking!
You never loose your technical abilitys, it`s like cycling but the running and jumping starts to hurt. You have to slightly morph into one of the wiser old guys and use your wasteline as a weapon.
Field hockey is too long ago, I might be still able to goal keep. I also might be able to play tennis, but that is just too gay to try again I think (and expensive, cause you need club membership, proper clothing etc). I once could swin farely well, but today I only take dives into bars.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I think paintball is a sport, keeps you out of the house
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Much as I want to go ice-fishing with Smatter, Suttreal and/or (duck or buck) hunting with Patchez; what I would really love to do is play (or, at the very least have the ability to to play) roof-top hockey with Mr. Viking...

...as popularised by the Writer, Actor, Director, Comic Book Salesman, Marijuana Promoter amongst many of his, more notable and more noticeable talents, Kevin Smith.

For a demonstration of "Roof-Top Hockey', click here.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I've recently started playing 5-a-side football (or soccer) again after a 18-month sabbatical. I'm really unfit, but I control the ball and pass well enough. Tends to be fun. Plus, it's always an excuse to have a drink afterwards...

As a teenager, I was decent enough at tennis, but that stopped dead when I discovered beer.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:I've recently started playing 5-a-side football (or soccer) again after a 18-month sabbatical. I'm really unfit, but I control the ball and pass well enough. Tends to be fun. Plus, it's always an excuse to have a drink afterwards...

As a teenager, I was decent enough at tennis, but that stopped dead when I discovered beer.
In modern soccer the posistion of "libero" died sadly. Freaking 4 chain killed it, or defending in the "room". But it was always nice directing traffic when you know were everyone else has to be at on the field.
I think I have shouted "OUT" more often than anything else in my life.
Sweeper is still played at the lowest levels of soccer leagues. Occupied by hard drinkers and smokers without any stamnia left. In your short field the goalkeeper mostly takes this spot and me, also a former field-hockey goalie, know how to manage this aswell. But the damn stamnia, couch couch...
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:Sweeper is still played at the lowest levels of soccer leagues. Occupied by hard drinkers and smokers without any stamnia left. In your short field the goalkeeper mostly takes this spot and me, also a former field-hockey goalie, know how to manage this aswell. But the damn stamnia, couch couch...
Funny, I am our stand in sweeper when the older fatter guys can't make it. Usually I'm seen tearing up the right wing from defence (lumbering up the right wing from defence then wheezing back after we've lost the ball)

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mr. Viking wrote:
oettinger wrote:Sweeper is still played at the lowest levels of soccer leagues. Occupied by hard drinkers and smokers without any stamnia left. In your short field the goalkeeper mostly takes this spot and me, also a former field-hockey goalie, know how to manage this aswell. But the damn stamnia, couch couch...
Funny, I am our stand in sweeper when the older fatter guys can't make it. Usually I'm seen tearing up the right wing from defence (lumbering up the right wing from defence then wheezing back after we've lost the ball)

Who are you calling older, fatter, and...........*gasp*...............*wheeze*............ wheezing you shit head?

Typing is hard.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice