Ice Fishing

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Re: Ice Fishing With Padraig

Post by Modern Drunkard »

Padraig would have been an excellent ice fisherman. Practically made for the sport. He was an excellent conversationalist, loved to drink and, most importantly, never got bored. I've been ice fishing once, and that seemed a very important part of it.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

You are correct, sir.

24 Walleyes between us tonight, the best fishing in years.

Cheers to you all, tomorrow's gonna hurt.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Would've loved to go Ice fishing with him. I don't know how but, whatever topic I picked including Finnish history and alcohol policies or byzantine, perhaps comic books - he always had a grasp of it.

Fuck.

Kippis.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Ice fishing is the sport of professional drinking in cold weather gear. He would have been an all-star at it. I've been meaning to get out this year, but I'm still a little hesitant after someone I know put their Jeep through the ice last week.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:41 pm
Ice fishing is the sport of professional drinking in cold weather gear. He would have been an all-star at it. I've been meaning to get out this year, but I'm still a little hesitant after someone I know put their Jeep through the ice last week.
Damn. Sorry to hear about that ol' chap. You know, we get visitors up here who drive their sleds into the soft parts of the lake ice. Always keep a pair of those ice picks that are retractable and they float.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

mistah willies wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:41 pm
Damn. Sorry to hear about that ol' chap. You know, we get visitors up here who drive their sleds into the soft parts of the lake ice. Always keep a pair of those ice picks that are retractable and they float.

Nice. You can chip ice for cocktails using both hands with those fuckers!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

2"? step lightly with your ginormous penis and post more often
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

We're averaging 15-24 inches after the recent cold snap, which makes me feel much better about driving someone else's truck around on the ice.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

He would often speak to me about cheap places to buy caviar. I've still only ever seen that word written (or spoken by Padraig).

Cheers to you, Patrick.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

60 degrees and sunny in Chicago but 45 and foggy on Portage lake, a lot of small Perch and world-class snark over the inaguaral shit but Meleniea rocks, goddamn when 7 white drunks over 60 get started there should be a justice department investigation.

So, Bulliet Rye 3 parts and 1 part Martini and Rossi sweet and shake it like a baby and pour into a martini glass and THEN add the cherry and it's a trip to a kindeler genteler age and after 3 rhisafternoon I'm still making sense back to football.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Smatter Noguts wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm
60 degrees and sunny in Chicago but 45 and foggy on Portage lake, a lot of small Perch and world-class snark over the inaguaral shit but Meleniea rocks, goddamn when 7 white drunks over 60 get started there should be a justice department investigation.

So, Bulliet Rye 3 parts and 1 part Martini and Rossi sweet and shake it like a baby and pour into a martini glass and THEN add the cherry and it's a trip to a kindeler genteler age and after 3 rhisafternoon I'm still making sense back to football.
The law firm of Pabst, Hamms & Goldfart is willing to represent your pleas for insanity.