Comics For The Crocked!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, Mr. Viking, Savage

Palinka (RIP)

Comics For The Crocked!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Please put your thoughts, reviews and recommendations for any Comic Books; from "Judge Dredd", "Atomic Robo", "Marshall Law", "Tank Girl", "Spider-Man", "The Punisher", "Batman", "Superman etc.

It is also the place for you to put up links to any interesting fan-made films that involve Comics or Comic Book characters.

Such as: "Batman - City of Scars"
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Comics For The Crocked!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Some good news for fans of Chuck Palahniuk's "Fight Club"! Palahniuk has written a sequel; albeit in Comic Book form.

To sneak a peak at the new Comic Book, click here.

For more information about the story, click here.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Who is the best dressed* superhero?

Here's my favourite:

...The Brown Bottle.

*N.B. Not most iconic
ドロンケン
ImageImage

GraveyardShiftChuck
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by GraveyardShiftChuck »

Recently I've come across two graphic novels you guys would like; The Comic Book History of Beer, by Johnathan Hennessey, Mike Smith and Aaron McConnell (Ten Speed Press), and Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas, adapted by Troy Little (Top Shelf/IDW).
The Comic Book History of Beer does a good job telling the story of "The world's favorite beverage from 7000 BC to today's craft brewing revolution." I didn't really know the difference between India Pale Ale and American Pale Ale, till I read the book. And from chapters three through the eighth and last chapter, they've got profiles of one or two styles of brew featured in the chapter like Lambic, Trappist Dubbel, the two pale ales I mentioned above, and so on, complete with SRMs, IBUs and ABVs, in case you'd like to brew your own.
Now onto Troy Little's adaptation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Definitely captures the sprit of the thing.
May you all be hung, drawn and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with gold and jewels,
DRAWN - in a coach and four,
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I don't often read comics but I do enjoy Tales From The Crypt, The Haunt Of Fear and The Vault Of Horror.
When I was really young I was into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, those are fun to go back to.