Lucky Jim perfect description of a hangover

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, Mr. Viking, Savage

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Lucky Jim perfect description of a hangover

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Here it is.

"Dixon was alive again. Consciousness was upon him before he could get out of the way; not for him the slow, gracious wandering from the halls of sleep, but a summary, forcible ejection. He lay sprawled, too wicked to move, spewed up like a broken spider-crab on the tarry shingle of the morning. The light did him harm, but not as much as looking at things did; he resolved, having done it once, never to move his eyeballs again. A dusty thudding in his head made the scene before him beat like a pulse. His mouth has been used as a latrine by some small creature of the night, and then as its mausoleum. During the night, too, he’d somehow been on a cross-country run and then been expertly beaten up by the secret police. He felt bad" Amis, 1954, p61
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Lucky Jim perfect description of a hangover

Post by Mr. Viking »

Largely confined to a physical ddescription. You need to see what Sir Kingsley had to say on the metaphysical hangover
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Well said, all.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mr. Viking wrote:Largely confined to a physical ddescription. You need to see what Sir Kingsley had to say on the metaphysical hangover

Ever wonder if the Buddah got fucked out of his gord on rice wine and ALL of his teachings came from a hangover hell?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:Largely confined to a physical ddescription. You need to see what Sir Kingsley had to say on the metaphysical hangover

Ever wonder if the Buddah got fucked out of his gord on rice wine and ALL of his teachings came from a hangover hell?
Plausible.
Drink!