Random food stuffs

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Random food stuffs

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:53 pm
I just want a Pizza Roll. And when we speak of Pizza Rolls, there is no such thing as less than a dozen. And when you’re taking Rolls, the debate invariably resonates between Combination, Triple Pepperoni (you fuckin’ A right), Pepperoni & Sausage, and Sausage & Pepperoni (or the rare Canadian variant known as Dirty All Over).

Is a calzone out of line?

Grumpy is snoring. Think I’ll fire off a volley of buck 55 and see if we’re all still awake.
Pretty sure I said this somewhere on the board, but the best effin' pizza rolls (aka lava pockets) were Totino's "nacho beef" flavor and they had a nice mild kick. For whatever reason, there is no proof to their existence. I know I didn't imagine it either, because my brother, who would consider himself a pizza roll connoisseur, turned me on to them circa mid 1990's and we both hands down agreed that they were the best. (My brother and I were the also only people in the world that had this limited edition McDonald's burger that was on a long bun with 3 burger patties and two different cheeses. Musta been a regional thing because evidently it never existed either according to the interwebs).

Anyway I did find this as proof that I wasn't hallucinating but I guess when they made a comeback, they are not the traditional pillows but triangles, and the flavors aren't technically the same. Kinda lame, but at least they came back and now there's proof that they were around before. We don't have such delicious things as pizza rolls here in Doitchland...so I don't even know if they are good.
Okole maluna!

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Random food stuffs- hot dogs

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:47 pm
Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 am
Kinda bummed that the NJ Ripper Dog and Tony Packo's Hungarian dogs didn't make the list.
Please! Enlighten us what we are missing out on with these dogs you speak of!
Your ripper is a natural casing dog, deep fried until the skin rips open, usually served with a mustardy relish (like "hot dog relish" or a piccalilli sauce), and raw onions, but also often served bacon-wrapped and with cheese sauce.

Tony Packo's is a Toledo institution: the classic is a Hungarian kolbász ("Hungarian hotdog"), with a sweet and lightly spicy chili sauce (kind of like a smoother Skyline chili), with raw onion, mustard and often shredded cheese.
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Cheeseburger Pizza Rolls.

Something very slutty about them. So slutty and so tasty. The sauce possibilities are endless too: you can go from hot sauce to ranch to mustard. Damn, you could even do hollandaise. Yeah, I’m a pepperoni purist at heart. But if you have the opportunity to scarf down a couple dozen cheeseburger rolls with a pitcher of beer, I’d highly recommend you take full advantage.

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 am
Tony Packo's is a Toledo institution: the classic is a Hungarian kolbász ("Hungarian hotdog"), with a sweet and lightly spicy chili sauce (kind of like a smoother Skyline chili), with raw onion, mustard and often shredded cheese.
Yeah, you had me at Hungarian kolbász. That sounds amazing, and it’s probably one of the only reasons you’d ever want to visit Toledo.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Random food stuffs- hot dogs

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:01 am
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:47 pm
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 am
Kinda bummed that the NJ Ripper Dog and Tony Packo's Hungarian dogs didn't make the list.
Please! Enlighten us what we are missing out on with these dogs you speak of!
Your ripper is a natural casing dog, deep fried until the skin rips open, usually served with a mustardy relish (like "hot dog relish" or a piccalilli sauce), and raw onions, but also often served bacon-wrapped and with cheese sauce.
I'll take one of those! I like mustardy stuff.
Okole maluna!

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:56 pm

Yeah, you had me at Hungarian kolbász. That sounds amazing, and it’s probably one of the only reasons you’d ever want to visit Toledo.
I went expressly for Tony Packo's. There's also the MASH connection, with Klinger being from Toledo, plus they got sausage casings from there in an episode to build a dialysis machine.
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
it’s probably one of the only reasons you’d ever want to visit Toledo.
I would also visit to get an official Toledo Mudhens jersey to honoe Corporal Max Klinger.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:51 pm
Badfellow wrote:
it’s probably one of the only reasons you’d ever want to visit Toledo.
I would also visit to get an official Toledo Mudhens jersey to honoe Corporal Max Klinger.
Of course!!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Random food stuffs - yay or nay?

Japanese McDonald's had French fries drizzled with two chocolate sauces. Yay or nay?

I'd say yay actually.

Okole maluna!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

No!!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Naynayanay
Ewwwe chocolate

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Oh hell no
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Admittedly, chocolate is such a chick thing. Totally get it that you gents would "nay" it. Heaping piles of ketchup instead- or mayo in oett's case.

Didn't you guys ever know someone who dipped their fries in their chocolate shake? I never did it, but I liked French fries alongside the shake. I think this is a similar effect.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:48 am

Didn't you guys ever know someone who dipped their fingers in their teenage wet vagina? I never did it, but I liked French fries alongside the wetvag. I think this is a similar effect.
Girlstalk...
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ I wish we could ban fellow mods but unfortunately...we can't.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:48 am

Didn't you guys ever know someone who dipped their fries in their chocolate shake?
Yeah, I do it. And I will confirm that it is a bona fide cultural phenomenon. Furthermore, I am definitely NOT a chick and I would give the chocolate drizzled Jap french fries a whirl, not just because I was drunk and/or stoned, but also because I could.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ