Best Drunkard Munchies

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge, Savage, Screwball, Donald J. Drunk

What Foodstuff Do You Find Most Fulfilling When Soused?

1) Burger of some description - Please Specify)?
4%
2) Pizza (Please Specify Which Type)?
22%
3) Buritto?
13%
4) Donner Kebab?
13%
5) Chinese Dish (Please Specify)?
No votes
6) Japanese Dish (Please Specify)?
4%
7) Chips (Brit.) AKA Fries or Chips (US) AKA Crisps(UK) & Dips?
4%
8) Curry (Please Specify)?
No votes
9) Whatever is in thr back of the refrigerator/cupboard and/or I can get my Significant Other to make for me (please give an example)?
17%
10) Other (Please Specify)?
22%

Total votes: 23

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Drinking and Hunger

Post by Mr. Viking »

pork scratchings, doner kebabs and roast dinners with plenty of gravy and potatoes
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Fried chicken and pizza, preferably together.

And more likker, natch.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I don't usually get hungry while drinking and I prefer fruits and such stuff for snacks. Maybe I'm just batshit

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Bur wrote:I don't usually get hungry while drinking and I prefer fruits and such stuff for snacks. Maybe I'm just batshit
That is kind of strange. I get super hungry right before I go to bed.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Has anyone ever seen the programme Man vs Food? That guy basically eats everything I would love to eat while drinking.
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Impish Boozehound
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: On your left shoulder, choking the life out of the teetotaler on your right, with his own halo.

Post by Impish Boozehound »

Chimneyfish wrote:Image
This.
This looks like sex in the mouth after about 20 beers.

Actually I think now I must drop in on the burrito place up the street after the booze vendor.
"a wise man drinks with the devil to keep the bastard in line, a fool tries to drink the devil away."

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

kowalski wrote:Has anyone ever seen the programme Man vs Food? That guy basically eats everything I would love to eat while drinking.
I've seen it yeah. Love the food challenges, some are just sadistic.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

JimLahey wrote:
kowalski wrote:Has anyone ever seen the programme Man vs Food? That guy basically eats everything I would love to eat while drinking.
I like that show. I always try to put it into perspective when he's eating mass quanitities. Usually I'm hungry when I'm watching and I think think: "An 8 pound burrito? That looks good. I could do it." Then I think 8 FUCKING POUNDS! That's like 30 Quarter Pounders with cheese! And that fucker eats himself miserable, but most of the time he does it. Amazing.
I've seen him lose it on foods involving excessive scoville units. But I'd still try it.
```GHOST PEPPER```
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
JimLahey wrote:
I like that show. I always try to put it into perspective when he's eating mass quanitities. Usually I'm hungry when I'm watching and I think think: "An 8 pound burrito? That looks good. I could do it." Then I think 8 FUCKING POUNDS! That's like 30 Quarter Pounders with cheese! And that fucker eats himself miserable, but most of the time he does it. Amazing.
I've seen him lose it on foods involving excessive scoville units. But I'd still try it.
```GHOST PEPPER```
Right! The spicy food challenges always baffled me, why on earth would anyone want to eat that shit? Seems terrible!
I like the one where he goes to a German restaurant and orders that massive sausage with sour kraut I think it was, that thing looked good. Also that massive burger the size of a cake, I would never be able to finish that. Well, ok, maybe if I was stoned.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Bur wrote:I don't usually get hungry while drinking and I prefer fruits and such stuff for snacks. Maybe I'm just batshit
I was wondering if anyone would say this. To me drinking and eating are on opposite ends of my mind and pleasures. I also have a mean sweet-tooth(when not drinking) and don't like too much salt... That's probably grounds to detain me as an enemy combatant or something here but there it is.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Ptflea2
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Ptflea2 »

this is pretty cliche, but my drunk ass often ends the night at Tacho Bell.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Speaking of boozing & eating, are there any other boozehounds out there that don't want to end up with a head the size of Ted Kennedy? When I put on weight, it goes straight to my noggin. And sure, Teddy Kennedy was the Lion of the Senate and all, and he got away with killing a broad during a drunken spin at the wheel (which is 1 of the 2 reasons he never ran for POTUS) but as I inch towards middle age, I just look at his massive head and think, "I like drinking. I mean, I love drinking more than anything. But look at the man's head! It's like a goddamned watermelon! If that's what booze is gonna turn my majestic face into, I might have to cut-back...somewhat. But not right now. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe after this case of beer and that case of whisky. A gradual drawing-down of booze."

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

dried fruits and nuts tend to quell the massive hunger I feel, but I often need quite a lot of salt too, probably because I tend to do too much exercise for a fat man and sweat all the time
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

Fried eggs with chipolte cholula.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson