Rum (and other booze) sausage

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Rum (and other booze) sausage

Post by Badfellow »

Why not combine two things that beg for each other's compliment? Pork and rum, a crowd pleaser of certain crowds for certain. This is vaguely inspired by a Brazillian recipe scavenged off the intertron.

Here's the plan. And let me know when I've gone insane... First, a proper cold marination of ground pork (shoulder and butt) that is let to sit in a bath of dark rum. I haven't elected the rum yet, but the forecast is for something aged, caramel-ridden and unspiced. Cover it and let it groove for 12 hours refrigerated, proof intact. Added to the rum bath are:

*Garlic clove, minced
*Kosher salt
*Shallot, minched
*Cracked peppercorn (Sarawak)
*Parsley leaf, chopped
*Lime zest
*A pinch of clove spice
*A bit of brown sugar

The sausages would then be cased raw into 8-10 inch links. Just a little bit sweet and a whole lot of rummy. Par-simmer them then finish on high heat over the grill, and serve on a bratwurst bun with spicy mustard. Call it the Grog Sausage.

I'm also thinking about venison, sharp cheddar and barleywine.

Rosemary mint lamb and mead? Tequila cilantro chipotle chicken with queso fresco?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Rum (and other booze) sausage

Post by ***** »

Boar sausage, oregano, basil, and barleywine--make sure you get enough fat in there

Rosemary, mint & lamb would go with...dunno, a honey beer or mead

Tequila may dry out the chicken too much. Mebbe some tender kid with cumin, cayanne, brown sugar, and serrano wrapped in thick fluffy corn tortillas with queso fresco and pico de gallo.

Mmmmm, sausage pr0n...

blooze
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Rum (and other booze) sausage

Post by blooze »

I am simultaneously in awe of your collective genius, and a state of extreme and drooling hunger... I will try said recipes as soon as possible ie as soon as I pass out, wake up, remember to buy ingredients and follow the recipes. In other words: tomorrow.