Let's cook, soused or not.

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Let's cook, soused or not.

Post by MethFront »

I've got a turkey in the oven and some White Castle Stuffing chilling in a pan. The best kind of thanksgiving is the kind where no one else is around to get in your way or ruin it.
Be safe everyone.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

methfront wrote:I've got a turkey in the oven and some White Castle Stuffing chilling in a pan. The best kind of thanksgiving is the kind where no one else is around to get in your way or ruin it.
Adding garlic and brandy to a stuffing oftenly improves it.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

Right now the only thing the brandy is getting added to is my stomach.
Be safe everyone.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Something I invented to empty my freezer: The mussels soup.
Take lots of cream (full stuff, in its semi-solid shape) and melt it in a casserole until it becomes all liquid. Don't let it boil.
Add around a glass of slightly sugary white wine, add fresh basil finely cut let it simmer and reduce, but NEVER BOIL IT.
Add the frozen mussels, salt (generously), pepper (to your liking).
Let it slow cook and reduce (lazy bubbles) for around fifteen minutes (maybe less, I can't remember).
Add some more fresh basil.
Boom, it's done.
Let it cool down a bit before you eat it with a large spoon.
Easy sunday evening soup.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

What about dessert? Leave it to me!

Post by NightShiftCharlie »

Definitely a mouth-watering thread, but what about the dessert? Don't worry, I've got a couple of great ones that's hard for even a drunkard to fuck up.

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE PIE

1 package Chocolate pudding and pie filling
1 16oz. bottle Chocolate milk
1 9 inch Chocolate store-bought graham cracker crust
Whipped cream (not that Cool Whip shit, optional)

1. Pour chocolate milk into a one cup measuring cup.
2. Pour a little of the cup of chocolate milk into a mixing bowl.
3. Pour in the package of chocolate pudding.
4. Pour in as much chocolate milk as the pudding box says.
5. Take a whisk (or a clean fork if you don't have one) and mix the milk and pudding for 30 seconds or until the pudding is dissolved.
6. Pour pudding into the chocolate graham cracker crust.
7. Turn over the top plastic cover of the crust (you did take it off, right?), pull the label off, flip it over to form a dome, and fasten it back on the pie pan.
8. Put the pie in the fridge for a few hours, or even better, overnight to let it set.
9. When ready to serve, top off with whipped cream if you like.

S'MORES PIE
Like the Triple Chocolate Pie, but with a regular graham cracker crust, and topped with marshmallow fluff.
May you all be hung, drawn, and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with precious metals and jewels
DRAWN - in a coach and four
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

i got savage totally fuxcked up and made her divulge all her secret ingredients. they are: soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and maple syrup. you french ahve alot to learn.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I like cooking hot wings drunk and grilling burgers too

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

i'm glad i found this thread again. today, the first day of spring was full of great kitchen work. made 6 quarts of orange juice from the backyard tree, and six little jars of marmalade. also made two dozen oatmeal cookies with walnuts and chocolate chips. pinot grigio mimosas with the fresh oj all day long. for brunch it was sardines and crackers with dijon mustard and onions, pickles, black and green olives, peppercinis, and cheese, all washed down with murphy's irish stout. yumm! then for a late supper after the espresso drinks it was a three cheese fritatta with corned beef hash and a bagel with some of thta marmalade. milk and cookies for dessert. it's good to have an appetite again!

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

bluebottle wrote:i'm glad i found this thread again. today, the first day of spring was full of great kitchen work. made 6 quarts of orange juice from the backyard tree, and six little jars of marmalade.
I'd like to do that. Unfortunately, where i'm from, there is no chance of this ever happening. It's so grey here it's like living in a perpetual episode of the x-files.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

bluebottle wrote:i'm glad i found this thread again. today, the first day of spring was full of great kitchen work. made 6 quarts of orange juice from the backyard tree, and six little jars of marmalade. also made two dozen oatmeal cookies with walnuts and chocolate chips. pinot grigio mimosas with the fresh oj all day long. for brunch it was sardines and crackers with dijon mustard and onions, pickles, black and green olives, peppercinis, and cheese, all washed down with murphy's irish stout. yumm! then for a late supper after the espresso drinks it was a three cheese fritatta with corned beef hash and a bagel with some of thta marmalade. milk and cookies for dessert. it's good to have an appetite again!
Man, bb...kings don't eat that good.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

peetie44 wrote:
bluebottle wrote:i'm glad i found this thread again. today, the first day of spring was full of great kitchen work. made 6 quarts of orange juice from the backyard tree, and six little jars of marmalade. also made two dozen oatmeal cookies with walnuts and chocolate chips. pinot grigio mimosas with the fresh oj all day long. for brunch it was sardines and crackers with dijon mustard and onions, pickles, black and green olives, peppercinis, and cheese, all washed down with murphy's irish stout. yumm! then for a late supper after the espresso drinks it was a three cheese fritatta with corned beef hash and a bagel with some of thta marmalade. milk and cookies for dessert. it's good to have an appetite again!
Man, bb...kings don't eat that good.
hell peetie, you know - feast or famine man, get while the gettins good i figure. i wish everyone could live in the backyard i'm in. cali baby, if ya didn't kno. (oh, thank you dollar store btw!)

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Cooked me up a beautiful pork shoulder pot roast with potatoes and carrots today. I got the crackling done pretty good, but there is room for improvement. I basically grilled the thing with the lid off for about 15 minutes then added some onion and garlic and left it about 3 hours on a low heat. I then grilled it some more while I cooked the potatoes and carrots. I suspect I should have grilled it for longer the first time round...

Anyway I enjoyed it with a really nice bottle of MontPierre Reserve Fitou :-)
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions