Beer and Homemade Lentil Vegetable Soup

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Beer and Homemade Lentil Vegetable Soup

Post by Lush City »

This is the finest of dinners. It takes a little time to make the soup but the combo is hearty and nutritious to say the least.
Find a good recipe online. The one I like uses fennel bulbs and is very tasty with dried red peppers.

Before you start your cocktails, put all the ingredients together in the pot and let them simmer. Organic lentils may take at least 45min. maybe less if heat is raised and frequent stirring but that cuts into the drinking time. That is the hard part. Once you find the balance you can start having some great soup.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Beer and Homemade Lentil Vegetable Soup

Post by Mr. Viking »

I always make soup. One of the higher levels of food according to my (unfortunately unpatented) diet plan, along with potato crisps, hamburgers, pistachio nuts and pork scratchings
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best