Barbecue Recipes

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Palinka (RIP)

Barbecue Recipes

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here are a load of recipes, including Felicity Cloake's recipe for Barbecued Jerk Chicken.
Enjoy.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Barbecue Recipes

Post by Mr. Viking »

chicken cooked whole.
Take one chicken. Drink half a can of beer (I find cheap lager is ideal) place half a lemon and some thyme on top of the can and insert into cavity of chicken. This will allow you to stand the chicken up in an amusing manner on the grill, especially with more than one. Arrange wings so chicken appears to be marching. Cook on a medium heat for 45 minutes plus 15 minutes per pound. This must be done in a kettle style barbecue (shaped with a lid like a Weber), or similar, with indirect heat, by piling the coals on one side, the bird on the other, and with a tin of water to catch the fat and avoid flare ups. The chicken will be moist and flavoursome as it gets steamed from the inside by the beer in addition to the roasting of the outside
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I try to listen to America's Test Kitchen on NPR (there's a tv show and a radio show and a magazine.) It's as if MacGyver and Aristotle had a cooking show, or not.
Anyhoo, they had a guy on there discussing the differences between grilling and barbequeing. He related an anecdote in which someone from Texas asked the author of The Barbequing Bible why his book was titled that when it was clearly about grilling. He replied that it was entirely the choice of a publishing executive to rename his cookbook that.
Check out ATK; they have plenty of genius ideas, cookbooks, magazines, etcetera.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

frankennietzsche wrote:I try to listen to America's Test Kitchen on NPR (there's a tv show and a radio show and a magazine.) It's as if MacGyver and Aristotle had a cooking show, or not.
Anyhoo, they had a guy on there discussing the differences between grilling and barbequeing. He related an anecdote in which someone from Texas asked the author of The Barbequing Bible why his book was titled that when it was clearly about grilling. He replied that it was entirely the choice of a publishing executive to rename his cookbook that.
Check out ATK; they have plenty of genius ideas, cookbooks, magazines, etcetera.

I watch the show. I like it when they compare appliances.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

in the UK essentially any outdoor cooking is called barbecuing. The grill is just the slats the food is set on (a grille I suppose). Am I right in saying that in the US grilling uses direct heat (like a broiler, which is what we call a grill) and barbecuing uses indirect heat like and oven but with fire?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Here's the deal:
I think that to the majority of the denizens of these United States would not really differentiate between grilling and barbequeing, as long as there is an outdoor grille and meat involved. There are purists and Texicans who would argue that grilling meat is a way to cook said meat outside and bar-b-queing is the ART of cooking meat with rubs, sauces, specialty woods and smokers, und so weit. And it might even get to the point of fisticuffs.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I've been meaning to try out the Cave Man style: Just throw the meat right on the coals, scrape off the ashes after, and you get a proper crust.

That opens up the consideration, you gentlemen, that the reason, perhaps, we enjoy cooked meat more than raw, is because after a forest fire, a loooong time ago, when everything was all burnt up, our fore-father cavemen were very hungry, and there was only one thing left to eat, and it was them burnt-up animals lying about. Yum.

(I tried to make the longets run-on sentence I could, wiht as many commas as possible.

Sorry.

Drink will help

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

tdcwillies wrote:I've been meaning to try out the Cave Man style: Just throw the meat right on the coals, scrape off the ashes after, and you get a proper crust.

That opens up the consideration, you gentlemen, that the reason, perhaps, we enjoy cooked meat more than raw, is because after a forest fire, a loooong time ago, when everything was all burnt up, our fore-father cavemen were very hungry, and there was only one thing left to eat, and it was them burnt-up animals lying about. Yum.
sounds pretty convincing, and I believe it continued because when it is cooked, meat becomes easier to digest, so those who were able to keep cooking it would be at an advantage