"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

My Clan is a smallish family. Our surname is not like Johnson or Smith... My Son will be the last one of this part of the Family branch to carry on our part of the Ukrainian based family name. My only other male cousin with the same last name is a waste of skin that isn't worth the carbon required to keep him alive and is living with some drugged out shrew too old to produce another heir apparent.

Tonight we had a Family Game night. Everyone was tasked with bringing some kind of food stuff. I made a Texas Red Chili... Mild, but I also brought a variety of sauces from 500k Scoville to 1.2M Scoville.

Vodka is our default, but there was also bourbon, brandy, and rum...

Much fun was had by all, but I'm surprised how many of my family find ketchup "spicy". My Son and I are heat aficionados... Last Dab XXX sauce is an amazing sauce. Even the, relatively speaking, mild Tobasco Scorpion sauce went over well tonight.
<insert something profound here>

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

I just made the pork chops of my life

Post by waahoohah »

Smothered chops, no less. The onions, just barely starting to caramelize, working with the garlic and the spices I used and the sear from the pan to build layers of flavor. The meat itself, well cooked, but still juicy. The gravy, not a lot of gravy, just a drizzle over each chop, but intense. It accentuated without overwhelming.
I'm going to be GODDAMN PISSED when I wake up tomorrow afternoon and have no idea how I did this.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: I just made the pork chops of my life

Post by Artful Drunktective »

waahoohah wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:20 am
I'm going to be GODDAMN PISSED when I wake up tomorrow afternoon and have no idea how I did this.
You should have recorded yourself. It's bound to be amusing at the very least, if not educational.

Your chops sound delicious by the way. (That's what she said).
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rev. Dead Corpse wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:18 am
My Clan is a smallish family. Our surname is not like Johnson or Smith... My Son will be the last one of this part of the Family branch to carry on our part of the Ukrainian based family name. My only other male cousin with the same last name is a waste of skin that isn't worth the carbon required to keep him alive and is living with some drugged out shrew too old to produce another heir apparent.
A good friend of mine calls this "a waste of biomass"
Rev. Dead Corpse wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:18 am

Much fun was had by all, but I'm surprised how many of my family find ketchup "spicy". My Son and I are heat aficionados... Last Dab XXX sauce is an amazing sauce. Even the, relatively speaking, mild Tobasco Scorpion sauce went over well tonight.
Much to AD`s surprise I can handle a lot of hot stuff. And I`m not the biggest hot n spicy eater.
The only traditional hot stuff we got in germany is mustard and pepper
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: I just made the pork chops of my life

Post by oettinger »

Why do I think about Patrick Swayze right now?
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:43 pm
So after much reluctance, I finally agreed to try the German cuisine of mett (raw pork). And this is a big deal for me because I'm kind of weird about pork (unless it's bacon). Some jokes are that it's "German sushi" and "construction worker's marmalade". As hesitant as I was...it was surprisingly good on a nice crusty bread with raw onions. I could do this again for sure.
Have you heard of trichinosis? Never eat raw pork.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Lush City wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:53 pm
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:43 pm
So after much reluctance, I finally agreed to try the German cuisine of mett (raw pork). And this is a big deal for me because I'm kind of weird about pork (unless it's bacon). Some jokes are that it's "German sushi" and "construction worker's marmalade". As hesitant as I was...it was surprisingly good on a nice crusty bread with raw onions. I could do this again for sure.
Have you heard of trichinosis? Never eat raw pork.
Evidently Germans have not but I have. I can't believe I survived. Another notch on my "shit I survived" in life.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A roasted chicken as fat as your mom`s ass, spread over a bedding of eggplant, tomato and various mediterian spices
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Made a batch of soup beans. These are dumped over a wedge of cornbread and topped with raw chopped onion and pickled jalapenos. And as always an unhealthy splash of Frank's red hot.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm
Made a batch of soup beans. These are dumped over a wedge of cornbread and topped with raw chopped onion and pickled jalapenos. And as always an unhealthy splash of Frank's red hot.
I`ll try to picutre this but I am kind too drunk
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

oettinger wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:48 pm
scream ale wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm
I`ll try to picutre this but I am kind too drunk
Yum cornbread. Can't remember the last time I had that.
Okole maluna!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Just had Indonesian noodles from a food truck that I've been meaning to check out for a while now.

That was some funky stuff -- I'm not going back there. Cat/dog could have very well been the mysterious, meaty substance.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Cat/dog could have very well been the mysterious, meaty substance.
When you're dinner barks at you it's a good sign you should never go back to that place.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

How about angel hair pasta dressed with quartered artichoke hearts and basil pesto sauce. I'm drooling right now!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Making up a batch of bangers and mash with gravy and onions. Cheers