"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:07 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:36 pm
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:48 am
Teriyaki marinated pineapple and SPAM skewers (pre-BBQ grill). Yep totally did this. You know yer a drunkard when...
SPAM is good
True fact: if you hit up Micky-D's on Saipan and order a burger, you have to specify beef, or it will be made with SPAM
That is interesting. In Hawaii, SPAM is served in the "Big Breakfast" along with Portuguese sausage (not a fan) and rice. I have to say I really am a fan of SPAM as well if it's done up right. I saved a few slices from the skewers and made a fried SPAM fried egg "McMuffin" (because it was on an English muffin) for oett for breakfast yesterday. I thought he might appreciate it after drinkin' all night.
yeah we love spam and egg sandwiches for breakfast...not part of a full English but it has it's own special place in the British working mans diet.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:07 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:36 pm
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:48 am
Teriyaki marinated pineapple and SPAM skewers (pre-BBQ grill). Yep totally did this. You know yer a drunkard when...
SPAM is good
True fact: if you hit up Micky-D's on Saipan and order a burger, you have to specify beef, or it will be made with SPAM
That is interesting. In Hawaii, SPAM is served in the "Big Breakfast" along with Portuguese sausage (not a fan) and rice. I have to say I really am a fan of SPAM as well if it's done up right. I saved a few slices from the skewers and made a fried SPAM fried egg "McMuffin" (because it was on an English muffin) for oett for breakfast yesterday. I thought he might appreciate it after drinkin' all night.
Ever had the SPAM "Sushi?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Many many times I've had musubi and I love it! I just made some homemade recently.
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:42 am
To prove my devotion to SPAM, last weekend I prepared ahead of time some SPAM musubi for some drunken snacks. Basically it's a SPAM sushi "nigiri" for those of you drunks that don't know. I fried some in a soy sauce and oyster sauce blend, and the rest in teriyaki sauce. Then I used the empty can to smash down and form the rice.

They came out pretty good for my first try...almost as good as the real thing. I was a bit surprised that oett even liked them. (These in the photo are not mine, this is from Wiki). Don't be intimidated or grossed out, drunkards! Despite their appearance, they really are delicious!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_musubi
Okole maluna!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:27 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Many many times I've had musubi and I love it! I just made some homemade recently.
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:42 am
To prove my devotion to SPAM, last weekend I prepared ahead of time some SPAM musubi for some drunken snacks. Basically it's a SPAM sushi "nigiri" for those of you drunks that don't know. I fried some in a soy sauce and oyster sauce blend, and the rest in teriyaki sauce. Then I used the empty can to smash down and form the rice.

They came out pretty good for my first try...almost as good as the real thing. I was a bit surprised that oett even liked them. (These in the photo are not mine, this is from Wiki). Don't be intimidated or grossed out, drunkards! Despite their appearance, they really are delicious!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_musubi
You're a fine human

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

And I quote the Spamature from the most holy Spamonomicon…

The Spamonomicon wrote: Speaketh thee no shit unto thou fried spam until thou hath tasted the glory of thou golden brown maillard reactions unto thy holy slice of spam. Amen.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Breakfast sandwich. How I love a good, made from scratch breakfast sandwich with a scrambled egg patty, cheese, bacon and/or sausage on an English muffin. I’ve also seen it done with spinach and tomato which I’m not so sure about. Another version served at a local diner replaces the cheese with Hollandaise sauce and includes slices of fried, pit smoked ham- sooooooooo good, almost like an eggs Benedict sandwich.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll sometimes slut-out in the morning with an Egg McMuffin and a cup of coffee. It still does a great job of assuaging the complaints of a stomach that has been repeatedly violated by cheap liquor the night before.

Any thoughts on the breakfast sandwich? I’m ordering one for lunch.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:10 am
Breakfast sandwich. How I love a good, made from scratch breakfast sandwich with a scrambled egg patty, cheese, bacon and/or sausage on an English muffin. I’ve also seen it done with spinach and tomato which I’m not so sure about. Another version served at a local diner replaces the cheese with Hollandaise sauce and includes slices of fried, pit smoked ham- sooooooooo good, almost like an eggs Benedict sandwich.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll sometimes slut-out in the morning with an Egg McMuffin and a cup of coffee. It still does a great job of assuaging the complaints of a stomach that has been repeatedly violated by cheap liquor the night before.

last weekend I made a big bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and last minute decided to heat up some leftover chili and slather it on. was awesome.

I always like some sort of heat with my breakfast. if I didn't have a pot of chili sat there I'd have added some roasted green chillies to it.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

As I stated before, I really don't like eggs, but hashbrowns topped with chili, onions, extra sharp cheddar, peppers and hot sauce makes a great breakfast, add some sourdough toast, an eye-opener, a bottle of beer, tomato juice and black coffee and what more could you want?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Badfellow wrote:

I'm a fan of all breakfast sandwiches but mostly a bacon or sausage egg n' cheese biscuit kind of girl instead of the English muffin. I've never had a chicken and biscuit sandwich but that would probably be the top favorite. Bagel breakfast sandwiches are also pretty bomb. But shockingly the best one I ever had was called the Ultimate Omelet biscuit sandwich from Hardee's / Carl's Jr. I don't know what it is but there is something very special about it.

Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^ Speaking of breakfast...what about Loco Moco? Give your input, drunkards!
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:27 am
Badfellow wrote:

I'm a fan of all breakfast sandwiches but mostly a bacon or sausage egg n' cheese biscuit kind of girl instead of the English muffin. I've never had a chicken and biscuit sandwich but that would probably be the top favorite. Bagel breakfast sandwiches are also pretty bomb. But shockingly the best one I ever had was called the Ultimate Omelet biscuit sandwich from Hardee's / Carl's Jr. I don't know what it is but there is something very special about it.

you yankees.....eatin scones as savory and Yorkshire puds as desert. fuckin madness. haha

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:15 pm
As I stated before, I really don't like eggs, but hashbrowns topped with chili, onions, extra sharp cheddar, peppers and hot sauce makes a great breakfast, add some sourdough toast, an eye-opener, a bottle of beer, tomato juice and black coffee and what more could you want?

I do love a good, farm raised egg with a deep yellow yolk. But I certainly can’t fault you for your preferences. There’s only a measure of sympathy for you in a world full of eggs. Anyway, your take on hashbrowns and the accompanying beverages sounds like a mighty fine way to start the day.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:27 am

Arby’s used to have killer breakfast sandwiches at one point in the distant past. The one I liked was egg, cheese and bacon on a croissant roll. And not that crappy fast food bacon either. This was real bacon for real bacon folks. They also originated- to best of my knowledge- the concept of the French toast stick. Served with a maple syrup dipper pack. It was a truly golden era for breakfast sandwiches and made the McDonalds menu look like a cheap ass chump in a dime store suit.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:48 am
you yankees.....eatin scones as savory and Yorkshire puds as desert. fuckin madness. haha
Oy, bugger off and eat your breakfast beans ya British bastard.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Ad introduced me to the breakfast burrito with hashbrowns and runny egg. Could put my dick in it, so good
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Breakfast burritos do a hangover a world of good.