"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 am
^ ^ ^ Speaking of breakfast...what about Loco Moco? Give your input, drunkards!
There is this Hawaiian bbq joint that also offers other fine Asian dishes mostly from Japan here in LA. They serve up the Loco Moco. What is funny is novices to this type of cuisine think of Hawaiian food as something light and healthy. I don't know about this dish. It's two pork chops on a bed of rice topped with fried eggs and gravy. Nothing light about that.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:17 pm
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 am
^ ^ ^ Speaking of breakfast...what about Loco Moco? Give your input, drunkards!
There is this Hawaiian bbq joint that also offers other fine Asian dishes mostly from Japan here in LA. They serve up the Loco Moco. What is funny is novices to this type of cuisine think of Hawaiian food as something light and healthy. I don't know about this dish. It's two pork chops on a bed of rice topped with fried eggs and gravy. Nothing light about that.
Yeah that's because people picture Hawaiian food as fresh ahi poke bowls since that is now a trendy thing but you are correct, in reality a Hawaiian "plate lunch" is nothing but a heaping pile of mac salad, greasy meats, two huge scoops rice, and gravy of sorts. And I ain't complainin'!
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Grilled cheese sandwich made with mustard and slices of American cheese, onion and tomato. It's good to keep it simple.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Matthew McConaughey & Tex-Mex Casserole : yummy
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Probably pretty tough to get tex-mex in Germany.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Nausea wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:32 pm
Probably pretty tough to get tex-mex in Germany.
Impossible, yes. Tex-Mex is nonexistent here. We have to resort to making our own Matthew McConaughey casseroles.
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Alright, alright, alright.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

The sleaziest of casseroles.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:07 pm
The sleaziest of casseroles.

Oh it was. Not only was it the sleaziest, it took me forever to make it. I had to precook the chicken and then chopping everything took ages but of course that's already prepped for them in these clips just so Matt McConaughey can roll right in for a bite of King Ranch casserole.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I bought this half pound package of sliced Genoa salami and provolone cheese. So I cut it open in a fit of munch and had a slice of each. That provolone is like sucking on your sweatsocks. It was so strong it made me not want to eat any more of it. Had to chow down flatbread crackers and olive tapenade.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Lush City wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 pm
I bought this half pound package of sliced Genoa salami and provolone cheese. So I cut it open in a fit of munch and had a slice of each. That provolone is like sucking on your sweatsocks. It was so strong it made me not want to eat any more of it. Had to chow down flatbread crackers and olive tapenade.
I'll take it if you don't want it. They don't have provolone cheese here in Germany and it's my favorite. I wonder why it was so strong since usually it's pretty mild? Maybe you got a really nice aged wedge? An Italian sub sandwich with all of those things and oil and vinegar are one of my favorite things in the universe. Maybe that would help blend the cheese in more?

There was an Italian restaurant I used to frequent that had breaded and fried provolone cheese wedges, served with marinara sauce for dipping. It was also up there with one of the most delicious things ever. Better than mozzarella sticks.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:33 am
Lush City wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 pm
I'll take it if you don't want it. They don't have provolone cheese here in Germany and it's my favorite. I wonder why it was so strong since usually it's pretty mild? Maybe you got a really nice aged wedge? An Italian sub sandwich with all of those things and oil and vinegar are one of my favorite things in the universe. Maybe that would help blend the cheese in more?

There was an Italian restaurant I used to frequent that had breaded and fried provolone cheese wedges, served with marinara sauce for dipping. It was also up there with one of the most delicious things ever. Better than mozzarella sticks.

I'm constantly shocked by all the things you guys don't get over in Germany! Do you not have Italian delicatessens?
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

benitobeast69 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm constantly shocked by all the things you guys don't get over in Germany! Do you not have Italian delicatessens?
I'm sure in more internationally diverse cities, yes. But here in Wupperberg, we only have old German people residing here so unfortunately not much diversity in the culinary world outside of wursts, schnitzels, and bakeries. Well, except for the Turk's delicious Döner kebabs, which works for me.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Picked up 2 lbs. of prime-grade beef fillets to throw on the grill. Finely marbled with fat, I’m gonna char the blazes out of them and leave the inside nice and rare. And I’m making Béarnaise sauce. So diggity.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Got a 4.07LB. hunk of pork cut up in the oven for the next few hours. This will then be shredded and smothered BBQ sauce. It will be awesome.