"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Well, I can tell you about the best thing I ate in the past week. It was a fillet of Nordic blue Atlantic salmon but it was farm raised. I had a coupon from this high end food store in my neighborhood, Bristol Farms, for one free half pound of salmon. So I thought I would give it a try since I was not a fan of farm raised salmon at least from domestic producers. It did not have a salmon taste. So this stuff from Norway changed all that and couldn't tell the difference from wild caught. Got some of their great dill sauce on top of a broiled fillet was better than sex.
Farm raised catfish is also a tongue boner. Super white and non "fishy". I like it with lemon and white gravy.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Dry roasted lightly salted peanuts with Kentucky bourbon. Life is good sometimes.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:00 pm
Dry roasted lightly salted peanuts with Kentucky bourbon. Life is good sometimes.
Yeah sometimes it doesn`t suck wet salty balls
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Leftover stuffed peppers. Okay, except when they are reheated the pepper skin starts to slough off. Hork. Also, I forgot to salt them before I filled them. It doesn’t matter how much you salt them on the plate, they will still be bland. Still, monkey brains are nostalgia in the mouth.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Thank heavens for Scorpion sauce.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:47 am
Lush City wrote:
Well, I can tell you about the best thing I ate in the past week. It was a fillet of Nordic blue Atlantic salmon but it was farm raised. I had a coupon from this high end food store in my neighborhood, Bristol Farms, for one free half pound of salmon. So I thought I would give it a try since I was not a fan of farm raised salmon at least from domestic producers. It did not have a salmon taste. So this stuff from Norway changed all that and couldn't tell the difference from wild caught. Got some of their great dill sauce on top of a broiled fillet was better than sex.
Farm raised catfish is also a tongue boner. Super white and non "fishy". I like it with lemon and white gravy.
No comparison. Catfish need to be battered and deep fried.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:38 pm
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:47 am
Lush City wrote:
No comparison. Catfish need to be battered and deep fried.
Agreed 100%. Pretty much the only way I will eat it!
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Had two shredded beef hard shell tacos at the local Mexican cantina. They were awesome! Fresh corn tortillas stuffed with shredded beef sauteed dripping with fat topped off with cheddar cheese and salsa. They were moist but crispy and didn't fall apart when chowing down. Extra hot sauce dip kicks it up a notch!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Ordered pizza today, to lazy to cook. One stinky feet cheese only, one cheeseburger pizza (yes it`s awesome) and AD had a terriaki chicken pizza (yuck)
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Today I`ll try cooking my very first sauerbraten

Last week I did cabbage rolls and it was a success.

Learning to cook the german cuisine step by step. It`s much harder than italian or asian.
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A variety of home made wan tans dipping em in home made chili cheese sauce. Damn were getting fat, but in a delicious way
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:38 pm
Damn were getting fat, but in a whiskey way
Right there with ya.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:38 pm
Damn were getting drunk, but in a fat way
Fixed that for you.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

I will be eating for brunch tomorrow morning a half pound of Wagyu ground beef patty broiled topped with cheese and sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. Alongside will be a large green salad with artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and avocados of course with a dressing of aged balsamic vinegar and unrefined olive oil. While the burger is broiling I will probably drink this 12oz. bottle of Firestone Brewing Parabola barleywine at 12.7% alc.! What a life!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:25 pm
I will be eating for brunch tomorrow morning a half pound of Wagyu ground beef patty broiled topped with cheese and sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. Alongside will be a large green salad with artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and avocados of course with a dressing of aged balsamic vinegar and unrefined olive oil. While the burger is broiling I will probably drink this 12oz. bottle of Firestone Brewing Parabola barleywine at 12.7% alc.! What a life!
Crazy what they serve in the retirement homes nowadays
Drink!