PIZZA!!!!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: PIZZA!!!!

Post by Badfellow »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 am
scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:35 am
Jam? On pizza?
Why not?

Not my jam, personally. But I could see something like a savory jam: bacon, onion and jalapeño.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:46 am
scream ale wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:35 am
Jam? On pizza?
Why not?

Not my jam, personally. But I could see something like a savory jam: bacon, onion and jalapeño.
Yes, certainly not your jam

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:22 am
...Kirst's just has some homemade chili and fennel meatballs along with a little dried ricotta added, mine's Calabrese salami and hot honey....both with fresh moz, fresh basil, San Marzano tomatoes good extra virgin and a mix of Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano.

Alright, you guys need to get visas to work in the US. The place is going to be called Beno & Kirst’s Manchester Style Pizza. It’ll go chain and gross $25m in the first 5 years.

The thing is you’re not just nailing the crust. No, you’re also paying close attention to the QUALITY of the other ingredients involved. It’s the downfall of most pizzas that the maker will always seek to cut overhead costs when possible, and in the pizza world this means using mass produced, pre-shredded, part skim mozzarella or a bulk sausage that’s produced by the ton in a factory off the Jersey Turnpike.

My point being, when you’re making a pizza at home from scratch, cutting costs is the last thing on your mind. If you’re putting in the time to do it yourself, you want that motherfucker to shine and taste like shangri-la. These creations you post are edible works of art, Beno. Sincerely, my respect.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

haha cheers bud....let's not be including kirsty in this...all she does is look the other way when i spent a third of my wage on imported nduja.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:39 am
Had a go at making a New Haven style clam pie yesterday for my dad...Was really good The few in shell clams on top are just for appearance..99% of them i'd already shucked and added to the pizza directly. Did end up actually serving a purpose though as the ones I cooked on the pizza itself released their juices while cooking...can see little patches where it's soaked into the Pecorino Romano...was great.
Wow, looks great! Did you use a white sauce? Never had clams on pizza but would def try it. I like how it is defying that age old question of whether or not cheese and seafood go together. (As mentioned in a previous post, real chefs say no, evidently).

Clams make everything special. I like pasta with clam sauce too. White not red...the same way I like I like my chowders. Or, "chowda" as mista willies used to say.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Extra clam jam from Manchester`s. My favorite
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: PIZZA!!!! - Which pizza?

I'm gonna go with St. Louis even though I've never heard of it. And I'm from the Midwest. Looks tasty!!! Plus I hate fat pizza.

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

New York. But Detroit looks good too.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:33 am
I'm gonna go with St. Louis even though I've never heard of it. And I'm from the Midwest. Looks tasty!!! Plus I hate fat pizza.

The correct answer is Neapolitan.

The others don't necessarily look bad like...I would say the New York style is the only actual pizza on there though.
I might give the Chicago style a try next week if I can find a suitable pan.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Detroit is a pizza cake right?!

New York New York though
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Who ever came up with cheeseburger pizza earnd himself a noble prize for food
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

New York is the top style of pizza.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

New York is miles ahead of the others for me. That slice is lookin' mighty fine.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

New Haven apizza is the thing I measure all other pizza by...lots of New Haven area folks are rabid snobs, "yucking" everyone else's "yum". I won't, but I grew up <15 minutes from some of the best New Haven has to offer. Later in life, I married Mrs Malice 2.0 whose family is New Haven pizza royalty.

I would eat them all, and head to Lucibello's in New Haven for a giant lobster-tail pastry....
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:56 am
New Haven apizza is the thing I measure all other pizza by...lots of New Haven area folks are rabid snobs, "yucking" everyone else's "yum". I won't, but I grew up <15 minutes from some of the best New Haven has to offer. Later in life, I married Mrs Malice 2.0 whose family is New Haven pizza royalty.

I would eat them all, and head to Lucibello's in New Haven for a giant lobster-tail pastry....
I looked those up and yep, I'd take one of each. I read that it, as well as the NY style, are descendants of the Neapolitan?

All y'all say NY pizza and no doubt it looks good- it was a tie between that and the STL for me, but I remember always seeing in movies that the NY pizza is so greasy (at least at some places) that it drips grease and people have to dab it with napkins and that kinda makes me wanna hurl a lil' bit.
Okole maluna!