PIZZA!!!!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: PIZZA!!!!

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Tell ya drunks one thing....a few weeks ago we ordered Domino's again because we can get 3 pizzas for under $20. So for the 3rd pizza we thought we'd go "wild" so we ordered a cheeseburger pizza. Yeah it's weird but I had never had one before. I don't want to blame it on impaired judgement from drankin all day but damn it was really really really fking good. And it had this "burger sauce" drizzled on top cuz German's like their "Burger Soße". It was off the chain!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 am
cuz German's like their "Burger Soße". It was off the chain
It was jewblood, it`s delicious
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: PIZZA!!!! (Hut)

Best thin crust pepperoni pizza ever. *nostalgic sigh*. Didn't realize that people actually eat salad at Pizza Slut?!

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Gotta pretend to be healthy while stuffing yourself at Pizza Rut.

I used get those big book it pins. You got enough stars for reading and you got a free small pizza. Or something like that. Weren't the 90's great?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

So I recently made a copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza (don't judge me on the overly crispified crust. It was still awesome). I guess I made it due to the fact that I had all the ingredients because I haven't had one in over 10 years...not to mention it was not even my "go to" on the rare occasions I did go there. But it sounded delicious suddenly. As I was searching online for the copycat recipe, I read that it has been discontinued due to the fact that the "packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S." That's crazy incomprehensible! I wonder what actual regular pizzas contribute to cardboard material???

Anyway the unexpected light at the end of the tunnel was mine came out way fcking better than Taco Bell's anyway. For those of you who never had one, make one, it's easy and delicious.

Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Pizza!!!! - yay or nay?

Banana Bacon Pizza? Yay or Nay?

HELLL TO THE NAW!

via ebaums world
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Pizza!!!! - Yay or nay?

Post by scream ale »

That is an epic waste of food. And some mighty big nanner slices.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Pizza!!!! - Yay or nay?

Post by oettinger »

That`s the only item we served at Ausschwitz bar and grill.
No wonder those pícky bastards were starving*

*It came with a diet coke and fries
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Pizza is the favorite food of Americans.

In a recent survey, 87% of those responding had a favorable opinion of pizza which ranks at a higher percentile than any other food. More popular than cheeseburgers, burritos, sandwiches and even Jesus! Mama mia!

Rather than asking what style or toppings you might prefer, I would ask instead your preferred method of baking. Is it a classic pizza oven? Fancy wood fired, perhaps? Or even fancier coal fired? Or maybe you know some type of pizza preparation that we don’t?

As for myself, I find nothing whatsoever wrong with a Napoli style wood fired pie loaded up with prosciutto and whole milk mozz. Deep dish baked in a pan lined with butter is good too, a different experience though with the richness and heaviness, more of a hardy winter pizza to keep you warm and full.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Just have anchovies and we're fine

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Wood fired is preferable. Love a stuffed crust. Prefer "white" or oil based sauces over red. Not a fan of the deep dish. I'm open to a variety of toppings as long as it's not TUNAFISH like these wacky Germans eat or meat lovers. Too meaty and it overpowers. These days, I prefer pizzas with nontraditional toppings, although I will never take away from a good old fashioned pepperoni.

This wood fired pizza place I frequented years ago had a few interesting choices and got me to branch out and try different toppings. A few favorites were:
sausage and apple pizza,
fig, arugula, and prosciutto pizza (I think with some crumbled goat cheese as well?),
and a chicken and potatoes pizza (I think with bacon crumbles too). Sounds weird but it was crazy good.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

woodfired for sure...I've always fancied building a wood oven in the back. Not having access to one at home I usually cook pizzas in a big cask iron pan on the hob and then finished off under the grill for max heat/char....I find it works out better than max heat with a pizza stone.

Toppings wise if I'm cooking at home I'm prolly gonna go for some good spicy Calabrese salami or Nduja, fresh basil, hot peppers, Parmesan along with the obligatory fresh mozzarella and good quality tomato sauce (literally just decent crushed toms, salt pepper and a bit of oregano, uncooked before it goes on the pizza...none of that pizza sauce shite)

I can also be quite partial to a pizza with just anchovies, tomato and garlic or sometimes just a simple marg

My fave pizzeria does a great one with sweet fennel sausage, broccoli rapini, Pecorino Romano and smoked Provola...it's fucking bangin and they cook them in a wood oven as well....I made a pretty decent copy cat of this at home and added some red onion i'd smoked on the bbq. Was class....

Making me hungry all this pizza talk.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: PIZZA!!!! (Hut)

Post by Nausea »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:21 am
Damn this one brings back some old memories.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Dude, you’re not old enough to remember Ms. Pac Man or all the spicy stuff that went on in the Pizza Hut parking lot on a Saturday night.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I totally remember all the spicy with Ms.
Pac Man in the Pizza Hut parking lot. She was a pizza slut.