PIZZA!!!!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: PIZZA!!!!

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Ahhh the good ol' days of being a pizza slut doing spicy stuff in the parking lot on Saturday nights...
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I feel like I should still get free pizza for reading books. And wings. And beer. Like a Book It program for adults.

And speaking of wings...
My favorite pizza place no longer sells wings by the dozen. They come in tens. And the price got jacked wayyyy up. Like $15 for ten wings up. They said it had something to do with storms in Texas last winter. I haven't checked around at other places yet as I don't eat out all that often but have any of you noticed goofy shit like this in your areas?

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 am
I feel like I should still get free pizza for reading books. And wings. And beer. Like a Book It program for adults.

And speaking of wings...
My favorite pizza place no longer sells wings by the dozen. They come in tens. And the price got jacked wayyyy up. Like $15 for ten wings up. They said it had something to do with storms in Texas last winter. I haven't checked around at other places yet as I don't eat out all that often but have any of you noticed goofy shit like this in your areas?
I'm sure our prices here in the UK are not effected lol...but that does sound outrageously expensive....The place I usually get wings is an bar called Bunny Jacksons and they do 20p wings. (probably like 30 cents or some shit)...they're awesome as well....also has decent as fuck drinks.

https://www.bunnyjacksons.co.uk/
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Gonna try pizza in our Dutch oven over the campfire this weekend. Pretty stoked about it. not sure of all the toppings yet aside from fresh mozz and red sauce. Oh and some fresh chantrells my cousin dropped off last Saturday.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Patchez wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 pm
Gonna try pizza in our Dutch oven over the campfire this weekend. Pretty stoked about it. not sure of all the toppings yet aside from fresh mozz and red sauce. Oh and some fresh chantrells my cousin dropped off last Saturday.
i can see it working with plenty of hot coals on top....and yeah some good mushrooms is a winner...i love a pizza with some decent mushrooms and just some garlic olive oil and cheese...maybe not even Moz..some Taleggio maybe...or maybe even just a heavy hand of Pecorino...ooooh or a cheeky bit of Gorgonzola?

fuck it add all the cheeses.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Pure sacrilege.

Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Mayonnaise and peas? Sounds like somebody forgot to take their psyche meds. I shall not abide such defilement of thou hallowed pizza.

On a much brighter pizza note:
Patchez wrote:
Okay, I saw step by step pictures of this over the weekend on Skype. Rustic pizza… you may be onto something there, Patchy. If it tastes as good as it looks, I’m sold. Let’s start a franchise called The Hillbilly Pizza Co.

What kind of dough did you use?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:35 am
Mayonnaise and peas? Sounds like somebody forgot to take their psyche meds. I shall not abide such defilement of thou hallowed pizza.

On a much brighter pizza note:
Patchez wrote:
Okay, I saw step by step pictures of this over the weekend on Skype. Rustic pizza… you may be onto something there, Patchy. If it tastes as good as it looks, I’m sold. Let’s start a franchise called The Hillbilly Pizza Co.

What kind of dough did you use?
It was just some store bought frozen stuff. nothing fancy. We called them Campfire Calzone even though they had no ricotta or ham. What about calling it Hillbolis?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:12 pm
[Hillbolis?
Why not Hillboils
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

If you're in Seattle try Big Marios

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Had to share beno's beauty, posted in the Random food stuffs thread. Looks crazy good. I don't know if I can go to Domino's anymore after seeing this.
benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:17 pm
homemade pizza night tonight...calabrese salami and nduja with fresh moz, pecorino romano, fresh basil and crushed san marizano tomz... tasty boy.

Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

That is a beautiful looking homemade pizza. Looks like you really , really nailed the crust too which is usually the most challenging part.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:47 am
That is a beautiful looking homemade pizza. Looks like you really , really nailed the crust too which is usually the most challenging part.
aww cheers mate!

it's getting there...I usually make my dough at 60% hydration but upped it to 70% this time which seemed to help. might go even higher next. Toppings wise it's a tip off of Kirstys fave pizza from a local place that used to be amazing but has gone waaaaay down hill. they call it Pizza Lasagna, I assume in reference to the ricotta inclusion. It's a banger.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I've only attempted pizza dough a couple times with varying success. Nothing near as nice looking as that. If I could pull that off I'd be done with take out. Much the same situation for me, a favorite pizza place is nothing like it used to be.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:06 am
I've only attempted pizza dough a couple times with varying success. Nothing near as nice looking as that. If I could pull that off I'd be done with take out. Much the same situation for me, a favorite pizza place is nothing like it used to be.
did you go through the pain of keep ordering as well hoping against hope it was a one off fuck up. hah

and cheers man, still got some work to do but getting there.