Best Drunkard Munchies

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

What Foodstuff Do You Find Most Fulfilling When Soused?

1) Burger of some description - Please Specify)?
4%
2) Pizza (Please Specify Which Type)?
22%
3) Buritto?
13%
4) Donner Kebab?
13%
5) Chinese Dish (Please Specify)?
No votes
6) Japanese Dish (Please Specify)?
4%
7) Chips (Brit.) AKA Fries or Chips (US) AKA Crisps(UK) & Dips?
4%
8) Curry (Please Specify)?
No votes
9) Whatever is in thr back of the refrigerator/cupboard and/or I can get my Significant Other to make for me (please give an example)?
17%
10) Other (Please Specify)?
22%

Total votes: 23

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Best Drunkard Munchies

Post by oettinger »

Malkor wrote:Donner Kebab, every time, I know its a huge cliché forthe UK drunk to order Donner Kebab but theres a reason for that, it tastes like arse unless your smashed, but when you have smashed said smashingness it is the very best thing in the world........the next day is made ever more horrifying by its lingering presence but damn it...its worth it!
So true.

But is it a cliche? I for one didn`t know about this. And this comes from a person who usually is on the forefront of every prejudice known to man.
Before looking it up on google now, I was adamant that Doner Kebab was invented in Western Berlin ca 1970 by Türkish immigrants on a snowy christmas evening to resemble Christ´s unborn twin sister.
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Malkor wrote:Donner Kebab, every time, I know its a huge cliché forthe UK drunk to order Donner Kebab but theres a reason for that, it tastes like arse unless your smashed, but when you have smashed said smashingness it is the very best thing in the world........the next day is made ever more horrifying by its lingering presence but damn it...its worth it!
So true.

But is it a cliche? I for one didn`t know about this. And this comes from a person who usually is on the forefront of every prejudice known to man.
Before looking it up on google now, I was adamant that Doner Kebab was invented in Western Berlin ca 1970 by Türkish immigrants on a snowy christmas evening to resemble Christ´s unborn twin sister.
I saw what yo did there.

Donner kebab

heheh

sry late to the party

Dale
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Dale »

In that order. (Your pics.) If I had the choice.
At the end it's whatever was left in the fridge.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

Dale

Post by Dale »

Or these if I have a pack left:
Bread chips with garlic.
"What doesn't kill you makes you ... stranger."

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

The "munchy box" is big in Scotland. Amazingly, I've never had one myself, but it's basically a pizza box containing every heart-clogging morsel of junk food imaginable - except for pizza, funnnily enough - served on a naan. Deadly...

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

The real horror is the sight of the congealed stalactites of grease caught mid-drip between meat and salad, presenting the dilemma; do I dig in, and endure the grainy, greasy shame of the cold remainder; or risk the horror of squelching heated up salad, basted in the very same grease which once seen, cannot be unseen and which combined with heat reduces the already papery pitta to a smear of moist shredded tissue paper

Can I change my vote to doner kebab?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr. Viking wrote:
The real horror is the sight of the congealed stalactites of grease caught mid-drip between meat and salad, presenting the dilemma; do I dig in, and endure the grainy, greasy shame of the cold remainder; or risk the horror of squelching heated up salad, basted in the very same grease which once seen, cannot be unseen and which combined with heat reduces the already papery pitta to a smear of moist shredded tissue paper

Can I change my vote to doner kebab?
The russian buddy had this lingering issue of passing out mid-kebab. Not only did he sleep in it, he also woke up with his mouth filled with two un-chewed bites of this crap. Choking bad tasting awakening, beer is your little helper then
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Oh man I cooked a bunch of shit while getting drunk overnight last night. The green bean fries were fucking delicious with ketchup. The soft pretzels were good but they gave me one big salt packet and I managed to get that fucking EVERYWHERE. The Jamaican style meat patty empanada was great with hot sauce but even while drunk I remember questioning the source and content of the so called "beef" substance.
Then I passed out. Woke up and the oven was still on, amazingly without a smoldering pizza briquette inside, so I had some taquitos for breakfast.

I will definitely be getting more of the green bean fries from the dollar store.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Oh man I cooked a bunch of shit while getting drunk overnight last night. The green bean fries were fucking delicious with ketchup. The soft pretzels were good but they gave me one big salt packet and I managed to get that fucking EVERYWHERE. The Jamaican style meat patty empanada was great with hot sauce but even while drunk I remember questioning the source and content of the so called "beef" substance.
Then I passed out. Woke up and the oven was still on, amazingly without a smoldering pizza briquette inside, so I had some taquitos for breakfast.

I will definitely be getting more of the green bean fries from the dollar store.
Back when we used to have all kinds of folks over to shmoke, and I worked for a home delivery service whose names rhymes with Schwantz, well, I had all kind of access to high fat-laden munchies. but haven't tried deep fried, battered green beans. Sounds tasty. probably better for me that deep fried pickles. woe to high blood pressure sufferers like me

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

Doner with feta, olives and garlic sauce, but more often than not it's just stuffed olives and chilli tuna

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

When I was 8 aunt Naught had me between her salty n fatty lappps. Good hunger everyone!
Drink!

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I've probably said it, but biscuits and gravy. I'm still just BARELY straddling that line where I can keep myself from eating all the leftovers I have of it.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

brandonman wrote:I've probably said it, but biscuits and gravy. I'm still just BARELY straddling that line where I can keep myself from eating all the leftovers I have of it.
No, any type of gravy was gone hours ago with biscuits or crackers or bread or chips or whatever.we're into phase II of leftovers.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

ThirstyDrunk wrote: No, any type of gravy was gone hours ago with biscuits or crackers or bread or chips or whatever.we're into phase II of leftovers.
I really hope you have a Denny's within a few minutes.

My Denny's is 10-15 away. In the depths of a bad hangover, it's way too far. I'm lucky to have Mom's Biscuits and Gravy leftover tomorrow (Which I ate a third of already tonight, rationing th rest). Without that, Fuck, hangovers are deadly.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

No Denny's. Holly's greasy spoon diner is th e place, open 24 hrs. better than Denny's, IHOP, or Frisches' breakfast bar