Any good Pickled Egg Recipes?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Dr Cyclops
Souse
Souse

Any good Pickled Egg Recipes?

Post by Dr Cyclops »

I was going to post this in Not Booze Related sub-forum BUT I think it is Booze related. (If I'm mistaken?Mods please move to appropriate area~ThanX

I'm thinking of trying to do my own Pickled Eggs.So if anyone has any experience either Pro or Con or best recipes please post.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Any good Pickled Egg Recipes?

Post by oettinger »

Hmm, dunno. Ever tried scotcheggs with pickles? Sandwich maybe?
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Hmmm.

I used to use malt vinegar and amber rum with various spices and herbs and good water with a hint of dark sugar (but blecch on using cloves. Blecch! I say unto thee evil cloves!) after smoking those in the eighties one time wiht some Mods and I was a cheap punk stumbling out of a gig) and some good water with a bit of simple syrup.

Nowadays, I use the jar and the liquid remaining in the Clausen's and fit as many of those boiled bad boys as I can and set them in the fridge for a month.

I can't be interrupted form my drinking. Time is Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

my base pickle recipe is this. add and subtract what you will it is forgiving as hell. My basic change is add a cup of vinegar because I like 2 to 1 vinegar to sugar.

Oh and replace cukes for eggs or whatever you want to pickle. The peppers can be ANY type. though type does alter flavor.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice