Hot Sauce

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Hot Sauce

Post by Lush City »

Crystal wrote:My favorite hot sauce is Crystal's hot sauce from Louisiana. It's Cayenne pepper based.
Used to live on the habanero they made. They took the edge off it so you could enjoy the fruitty accents but still packed the heat. After Katrina they were wiped out. Couldn't get it in Cali anymore.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

if you can get it, secret aardvark hot sauce from portland, o. is fantastic. the pain is good jamaican sauce rocks as does matouk's calypso. bone sucking makes excellent products but they're very sweet. hot but sugary. i like their jalapeno mustard on my ham, egg & cheese sandwiches.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Here's my current favorite habanero sauce...

http://www.chilliworld.com/sp6.asp?p_id=93
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Jello! Tabasco, in mass quantities. Duh!
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh, also, that Colemans mustard is nice, but very different from our cajun friends.
like tears in rain

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I prefer hot mustard to most hot chili sauce I've had. My cousin (once removed) from New Jersey brought some stuff over that tasted good. He also makes his own now apparently. Here the choice is pretty limited, but I don't have chili on most food, I tend to add fresh chili to a sauce rather than using hot sauce
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

"Amor" is also good, and ill second "tapatio".
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I put hot sauce on most of my meals. Frank's red hot goes on just about everything as does Sriracha. But I most like Sriracha on eggs and pizza, white garlic pizza most of all. Also really like Frank's Xtra hot. Other favorites are Valentina and Cholula Chipolte. I mostly use those two for tacos and burritos and similar foods.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I make my own hot sauce out of chili peppers from the garden. Ordered 150 five ounce bottles this year and expect to fill them all.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Definitely a must for eggs, wings, breakfast burritos, shrimp cocktail, bloody mary's...
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

When I get home form work I'll post up the results of my own attempt at hot sauce makings.

Badfellow what do you do with your pulp left in the strainer after seperating the hot sauce from the chunks?

I saved some in the freezer. Also spread a bunch out on parchment paper and cookie sheets and dehydrated in the oven overnight. Ground it up in a spice grinder and made three seperate pepper spice blends.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Badfellow what do you do with your pulp left in the strainer after seperating the hot sauce from the chunks?
After your peppers (sliced with stems removed) have pickled in the fridge for a few weeks, seperate the peppers from the brine. Throw them into a powerful, high speed blender and liquify everything throroughly, adding back in more brine until you reach the desired consistency.

My Ninja Pro even takes the seeds down into fine pulp.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Patchez wrote:
When I get home form work I'll post up the results of my own attempt at hot sauce makings.

I saved some in the freezer. Also spread a bunch out on parchment paper and cookie sheets and dehydrated in the oven overnight. Ground it up in a spice grinder and made three seperate pepper spice blends.
Badfellow wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:00 am
I make my own hot sauce out of chili peppers from the garden. Ordered 150 five ounce bottles this year and expect to fill them all.
You guys should go into business together. Making your own hot sauce is pretty awesome.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Screw hot sauce, I got drunk and did the One Chip Challenge...

It is recorded... and it didn't go well

If I get the ability, I'll upload it
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:39 pm
Patchez wrote:

After your peppers (sliced with stems removed) have pickled in the fridge for a few weeks, seperate the peppers from the brine. Throw them into a powerful, high speed blender and liquify everything throroughly, adding back in more brine until you reach the desired consistency.

My Ninja Pro even takes the seeds down into fine pulp.
That's a thought but I actually like having the paste for Chilli and the powder for dry rubs. Granted you don't get as much hot sauce. I got a pint to about 4 lbs of peppers.

Also on the first two batches of sirracha I fermented 8 days in a closet in the hall. I may have to try that again but let it go longer. Gotta find some fish sauce for the next batch though.
Last edited by Patchez on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice