Official Bacon Thread

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: BACON!

Post by Illiniwek »

Crystal wrote:If you go to the Double Down Saloon in Las Vegas, they have a bacon martini. It's bacon-infused booze. I've had it. You will want to drink it quickly, otherwise it can get mucky.
Instructions on how you - yes you! - can make your own:

http://www.browniepointsblog.com/2008/0 ... con-vodka/

bob robertson
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: BACON!

Post by bob robertson »

"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." - W. Somerset Maugham

"When you are arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing." - Anonymous

"if your dog is fat, you arent getting enough exercise". - anonymous

"Woe is fucking you...." judge

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Wake n' Bacon

Post by felinamojokitty »

more bacon ingenuity...would you want one?

http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

WHAT: An alarm clock that wakes you up with the smell and sizzle of cooking bacon.

WHY: No one likes to wake up, especially by an alarm. This clock gently wakes you up with the mouthwatering aroma of bacon, just like waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of Mom cooking breakfast. Unless you're Jewish.

HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Wake n' Bacon

Post by Bluespook »

I think badfellow had the best idea i've ever heard for bacon. Cook it crisp and freeze it. Then use it as a swizzle stick for your morning bloody mary. Not sure if it was his idea, it was an old post, but genius all the same.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

Bluespook wrote:I think badfellow had the best idea i've ever heard for bacon. Cook it crisp and freeze it. Then use it as a swizzle stick for your morning bloody mary. Not sure if it was his idea, it was an old post, but genius all the same.
Creative yes...but there is no better use for bacon than a bacon sammich.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by ChiliDawg »

Bluespook wrote:I think badfellow had the best idea i've ever heard for bacon. Cook it crisp and freeze it. Then use it as a swizzle stick for your morning bloody mary. Not sure if it was his idea, it was an old post, but genius all the same.
My God! It IS genius! I must have missed that post.

GreatWhiteNortherner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by GreatWhiteNortherner »

That is genius.
I always want more bacon. Either the way you Americans serve it (and of course its popular here, and amazing), or back bacon with or without crushed chick peas.
Wine comes in at the mouth,
And love comes in at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh.

Yeats

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

felinamojokitty wrote:more bacon ingenuity...would you want one?

http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

WHAT: An alarm clock that wakes you up with the smell and sizzle of cooking bacon.

WHY: No one likes to wake up, especially by an alarm. This clock gently wakes you up with the mouthwatering aroma of bacon, just like waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of Mom cooking breakfast. Unless you're Jewish.

HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes.

Nice find Felina... I love it!!
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

I'd set my alarm for 5 AM, 6 AM, 7 Am, and 8 AM if I had that.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

deaddog
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by deaddog »

I have something like this already it is called a wife
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

deaddog wrote:I have something like this already it is called a wife
Now that's funny.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I was gonna say I'm a bit leery of bacon that has been sitting out for 7 hours, but then I remember eating at the Frisch's breakfast bar...
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

The Black Forest bacon from Whole Foods is fucking awesome. It's so damn good, I'll go to Whole Foods to get it. Actually, the whole meat department there is pretty kick-ass. Next week, more Black Forest bacon, and maybe some ground bison for chili.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

Rip Rufus wrote:The Black Forest bacon from Whole Foods is fucking awesome. It's so damn good, I'll go to Whole Foods to get it. Actually, the whole meat department there is pretty kick-ass. Next week, more Black Forest bacon, and maybe some ground bison for chili.
You should give Niman Ranch bacon a try.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Rumhead wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:The Black Forest bacon from Whole Foods is fucking awesome. It's so damn good, I'll go to Whole Foods to get it. Actually, the whole meat department there is pretty kick-ass. Next week, more Black Forest bacon, and maybe some ground bison for chili.
You should give Niman Ranch bacon a try.
Where can I find it?