Sandwiches!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Sandwiches!

Post by benitobeast69 »

had a great sandwich for lunch today..big old sourdough baguette with pesto aioli on both sides, parma ham, calabrese salami, provolone and shaved parmesan...salad on it was just lettuce, tomato, gherkin, hot peppers, olives and onion all dressed in wine vinegar and olive oil. ate it with some of those nice crunchy hand cooked crisps and a cold lager.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am
had a great sandwich for lunch today..big old sourdough baguette with pesto aioli on both sides, parma ham, calabrese salami, provolone and shaved parmesan...salad on it was just lettuce, tomato, gherkin, hot peppers, olives and onion all dressed in wine vinegar and olive oil. ate it with some of those nice crunchy hand cooked crisps and a cold lager.

Fancy bastard, that sounds brilliant. You’ve invented a sandwich worthy of being named… The Big Benito has a nice ring.

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 am
Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, bacon, and ranch sauce.

For you plant eaters...it's an Impossible Burger.

Going off the map here with some avocado, sprouts, diced onion, light ketchup, light mustard, light mayo. And the bun should be buttered and toasted if you’re going for a full on tongue boner. Pickle spear on the side, please.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

i'm gonna go with a big thick round of Bury black pudding, some thick cut slices of smoked bacon (real bacon not the yankee stuff) and finish it off with some smoked cheddar. both buns buttered with truffle butter.....little drizzle of Dijon mustard mayo.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:52 pm

i'm gonna go with a big thick round of Bury black pudding, some thick cut slices of smoked bacon (real bacon not the yankee stuff) and finish it off with some smoked cheddar. both buns buttered with truffle butter.....little drizzle of Dijon mustard mayo.

i don't want the smoked cheddar over melted either...just let it melt a touch in the residual burger heat.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Some slices of raw jalapeno, swiss cheese slices, bacon (the realer American kind), red onions, spinach, tomato, yellow mustard and meat hot sauce.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I change my order to the realer kind 'murriyankee bacon but bri'ish smoked cheddar cheese lightly kissed with residual burger heat. And agree with BF - pickles but on the side, not ON.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:

i'm gonna go with a big thick round of Bury black pudding

What exactly is black pudding and what does it taste like? I just can't imagine anything called pudding on a sandwich.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:16 am
benitobeast69 wrote:

i'm gonna go with a big thick round of Bury black pudding

What exactly is black pudding and what does it taste like? I just can't imagine anything called pudding on a sandwich.

it's blood sausage...in English pudding just generally means something that has been cooked through steaming so like Christmas Pudding is a steamed fruit cake, black pudding is blood sausage that us steamed till it is cooked. you can eat it like that just sliced open with a bit of mustard or you can slice it up and fry it usually in disk shaped pieces.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Thanks for keeping the plant eaters in mind, AD. Mighty courteous of you.

I've recently been eating some lentil-based sloppy joes. I wish I could share them with you, so as to change your opinion on the value of lentils :]
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:06 am
benitobeast69 wrote:

Fancy bastard, that sounds brilliant. You’ve invented a sandwich worthy of being named… The Big Benito has a nice ring.

Going off the map here with some avocado, sprouts, diced onion, light ketchup, light mustard, light mayo. And the bun should be buttered and toasted if you’re going for a full on tongue boner. Pickle spear on the side, please.

cook the sprouts up with some smoked bacon lardons and melt some salty/nutty cheese over like Gruyere and I'm down...think in that case though we might be best loosing the avocado...fuck it stick it on the side with our gherkin.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:06 am
benitobeast69 wrote:

cook the sprouts up with some smoked bacon lardons and melt some salty/nutty cheese over like Gruyere and I'm down...think in that case though we might be best loosing the avocado...fuck it stick it on the side with our gherkin.

also at this stage BF i feel like we could add a runny egg...a duck egg would be my preference.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nausea wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:39 pm
Thanks for keeping the plant eaters in mind, AD. Mighty courteous of you.

I've recently been eating some lentil-based sloppy joes. I wish I could share them with you, so as to change your opinion on the value of lentils :]
I've made lentil based sloppy joes before, they came out really good. Better alternative than fake meat in my opinion.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

You amateurs, extra patty anyone?
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 pm
whoaaaa...i added an extra patty of blood sausage...thought you would appreciate that as a proud German wurst eater.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:11 am
oettinger wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 pm
whoaaaa...i added an extra patty of blood sausage...thought you would appreciate that as a proud German wurst eater.
No
Drink!