Sandwiches!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Sandwiches!

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:53 am
Can we have some order in this thread please? Moderators! He's talking about pitas! A pita is not a sandwich. Its as much of a sandwich as a burrito is. John Montagu the 4th Earl of Sandwich and the inventor of the sandwich is rolling in his grave right now. You guys make me fucking sick!

The good Earl specifically said two slices of bread. Not one flat bread cut into a pocket, or one flat bread rolled. He said two slices of bread.

Do you the think good Earl when he was gambling away would have eating that delicious sounding concotion beno has described? No, good people of this board, he would not. That spiked raita would have got all over his cravat, if he was wearing a particularly long powdered wig it would have been completely littered with some tandoori chicken falling out and into it.

The sandwich is supposed to be clean and practical. There are only two exceptions to this rule; coronation chicken and the tripple decker club sandwich. Also sandwiches are better when cut corner to corner.
I'd like to think the Earl was a practical man, a man who above all else wanted an informal and easy to eat meal without a place setting, a full staff and all the fripperies inherent with the other meals for a man of his position. The current, 11th Earl of Sandwich has hedged on the definition of "sandwich", but does seem to eschew anything larger than that three-story club.

I'd also like to think that the 4th Earl would smash a goddam wrap, pita, burrito, schwarma or hotdog with the same zeal as roast beef on a heel of bread. That 11th Earl even owns a chain of sandwich shops and serves burritos (deep fried), rolls, subs and (embarrassingly) "pizza bread".

If it's good enough for the goddam Earl of Sandwich, it's good enough for me!
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:34 am
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:53 am
Can we have some order in this thread please? Moderators! He's talking about pitas! A pita is not a sandwich. Its as much of a sandwich as a burrito is. John Montagu the 4th Earl of Sandwich and the inventor of the sandwich is rolling in his grave right now. You guys make me fucking sick!

The good Earl specifically said two slices of bread. Not one flat bread cut into a pocket, or one flat bread rolled. He said two slices of bread.

Do you the think good Earl when he was gambling away would have eating that delicious sounding concotion beno has described? No, good people of this board, he would not. That spiked raita would have got all over his cravat, if he was wearing a particularly long powdered wig it would have been completely littered with some tandoori chicken falling out and into it.

The sandwich is supposed to be clean and practical. There are only two exceptions to this rule; coronation chicken and the tripple decker club sandwich. Also sandwiches are better when cut corner to corner.
I'd like to think the Earl was a practical man, a man who above all else wanted an informal and easy to eat meal without a place setting, a full staff and all the fripperies inherent with the other meals for a man of his position. The current, 11th Earl of Sandwich has hedged on the definition of "sandwich", but does seem to eschew anything larger than that three-story club.

I'd also like to think that the 4th Earl would smash a goddam wrap, pita, burrito, schwarma or hotdog with the same zeal as roast beef on a heel of bread. That 11th Earl even owns a chain of sandwich shops and serves burritos (deep fried), rolls, subs and (embarrassingly) "pizza bread".

If it's good enough for the goddam Earl of Sandwich, it's good enough for me!
I'm saddened to hear of this chain. Lord Sandwich sounds like a money grabbing slut. Deep fried burritos and pizza bread. Outrageous
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

There`s an old farytale from the brother`s Grind, Earl has to sleep on a tripple layer pea sandwich
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

The ONE item? PICKLES. NAY. I'll eat 'em on the side.

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hold the mayo far far away from that burger.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

BBQ sauce
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I kind of also recently decided that mushrooms are a no-go on my burger. Yeah there was a time where I legitimately enjoyed a mushroom n' Swiss from Culver's. But I've moved on, and despite treasured memories, I've reached the point where I will never want that again.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Sandwiches! - Yay or nay?

Fluffernutter: Peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff on white bread. Yay or nay?

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

https://newengland.com/today/food/new-e ... fernutter/
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I've eaten that as a kid. It's gross stuff. Big nay right here.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

AAAAhhhh crap!

The old question,

die in the gas chamber or taste a Fluffernutter...

How sweet is it again?
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:46 pm
How sweet is it again?
It's disgusting. Trust me. It scarred me for life.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hmm toothpaste and dogshit, what could go wrong
Make me one wife!
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:42 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:46 pm
How sweet is it again?
It's disgusting. Trust me. It scarred me for life.
It sounds absolutely horrifying. Couldn't jelly or honey have been substituted in place of the fluffer part or did your parents really not like you all that much? Were you also one of those kids that ate mayonnaise sandwiches?
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Bacon encrusted turkey breast, Emmental cheese, butter and mustard on a crispy French dinner roll. That’s a real sandwich, not this fluffynuts crap.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Fluffernutters and Burgers

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

Fluffernutters, yes the fuck please.

Fluffernutellas, holy SHIT yes the fuck please.

One thing I don't want on my burger? I'm over the old blue cheese burger craze. Mushrooms end up too slippery on a good burger, so that's my "no fuckin way runner up".
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies