Sandwiches!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Sandwiches!

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:23 am
Breakfast sammies

Fried country ham on either a buttermilk biscuit, or a tasted english muffin, add a few splashes of hot sauce, either pairs well with homemade clamato and a tequila blanco cocktail
Oh yes. I love em any way but the buttermilk biscuit is unbeatable. Texas toast is also up there. I had some biskies last weekend from the pop can 'cause we were too lazy to make them fresh and I was still pretty satisfied. Made a sammy and some white gravy to dip it in. Needed a nap afterwards.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Breakfast sammies

Fried country ham on either a buttermilk biscuit, or a tasted english muffin, add a few splashes of hot sauce, either pairs well with homemade clamato and a tequila blanco cocktail
sounds great...hot sauce or some sort of chilies is a must with breakfast for me....i love fried eggs with a shit load of green chilies and onions fried up along with them....used to have to think about that onion breath but I work on my own at home now. haha

What is country ham? is it already cooked before you fry it? or is it like a ham steak...we call those gammon steaks.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Breakfast sammies

…either a buttermilk biscuit, or a tasted english muffin…
I prefer a toasted english muffin. Sometimes when you get the tasted english muffins they’ve already been chewed.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Breakfast sammies

…either a buttermilk biscuit, or a tasted english muffin…
I prefer a toasted english muffin. Sometimes when you get the tasted english muffins they’ve already been chewed.
It sounds weird but I like E.M,'s with peanut butter on 'em. While they are still hot.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^^^ yes! When the PB gets all melty from the toasted english muffin. Good stuff.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

No just no. You go to the PB ECR VAG OMM DEAMn OPG
I don`t like melty peanutbutter
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Something wrong with you

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:09 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Something wrong with you
That sums it up perfectly.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Sandwiches! PB burger?

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:53 am
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:29 am
Badfellow wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:08 am
Bananas do not belong in sandwiches. There, I said it.

You know what I think doesn't belong on sandwiches? Mac n' cheese. I'm so over this. I also don't want an egg on my burger. On my breakfast sandwich, fine. But stop with the eggs and mac n' cheese on burgers. It's overkill.
I just hate how every fucking place ends up having the same burgers...can't get a fucking burger nowerdays without pulled pork on it....it's not even real pulled pork either...prolly some packaged shite soaked in bbq sauce. Same with mac and cheese like you say.
I thought of this thread recently when I saw a few Diner's Drives & Dives episodes where a few places put peanut butter on the burgers. In one episode, Guy Fieri HATED it and couldn't even eat it. The other one he was more receptive to it, but I still think it wasn't his "jam".

As much as I love PB...I think it would be a negatory for me. Anyone have experience with this? Some even have jelly too. Is it a yay or does it belong in the over-the-top burger toppings like those previously discussed?
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I’ve tried peanut butter on a hamburger, and it doesn’t do the burger any favors. I think simple, gimmick-free burgers are due for a comeback where the ground beef is the star of the show.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Bison burger.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:41 pm
I’ve tried peanut butter on a hamburger, and it doesn’t do the burger any favors. I think simple, gimmick-free burgers are due for a comeback where the ground beef is the star of the show.
yeah 100% agree on this...i feel like the beef burger, the cheese burger and the bacon cheese burger are the OG options that are still the best....i don't mind branching out every once in a while...a fried egg here, some roasted chilies there...but I'd rather keep it at least mostly just tasting like a burger.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Here’s an exception to the "too much crap on a burger" rule…

The Big Chief Cafe on I-94 in Fergus Falls serves a bison chili cheese burger that turns out to be pretty dang tasty. The burger is made of bison. The chili is made of bison. Even the coffee is bison flavored (not really). You’ll see truckers sitting in there at the counter grunting down a 3,000 calorie plate of griddle vittles with a gallon of coffee. It’s a fine, greasy place for hangover breakfast too.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:37 pm

The Big Chief Cafe on I-94 in Fergus Falls serves a bison chili cheese burger that turns out to be pretty dang tasty. The burger is made of bison. The chili is made of bison. Even the coffee is bison flavored (not really). You’ll see truckers sitting in there at the counter grunting down a 3,000 calorie plate of griddle vittles with a gallon of coffee. It’s a fine, greasy place for hangover breakfast too.
I would be prepared to allow most things to be coated in really good chili and cheese.

I vote we extend the list of standard burger ingredients to include chili.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:31 pm
Badfellow wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:37 pm

I would be prepared to allow most things to be coated in really good chili and cheese.

I vote we extend the list of standard burger ingredients to include chili.
might have to make a pizza with chili on it now....what you rec?? what cheese we thinking? There is a really good smoked aged cheddar made near me..recon that could be a winner on it...any other ingredients?